• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I love cart paths

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Sunday I was on the 18th - 500yds par 5 - kinda back & forth a little bit.

I hit my usual crappy drive, a big rainbow maybe 175 out into unexplored territory. Shot 2 was with a rescue mid, a good ball, then it hit the cart path, then again, then it started rolling along. We started down the path looking for it, it ended up pin high. I figure about 325 with a hybrid.
Local knowledge is a good thing!:biglol:

Tiger Who?

Oct 30, 2005
Kilted Arab said:
Cart paths should be banned!

Pet hate of mine. Golf courses built in some of the most beautiful parts of the country - grass, trees, birds singing - then some idiot lays a nasty swathe of concrete through it. So that other idiots can then ignore the paths and drive carts over fairways and churn them up.

Burn carts. Dig up cart paths.

And burn those sodding animal head-covers as well.

Rant over.

Hey, I love my hawk headcover!!! You can't burn that.

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
I too hate cart paths. You may have got three-hunjee out of a hybrid off one wirehair, but all I ever get is ok shots bounding off into the trees, or just missing a bunker only to have the first bounce travel 80 feet, turning a little chip into 30 yard pitch, generally from a poor lie. And it takes the side off my ball :mad: and double :mad: .

If carts have so much impact that they must be run on concrete, its time to turn off the sprinklers and harden up the course. Then I wouldn't need bounces off the paths to get lots of roll :) , the course looks better:) :) , and we don't all have to wait 4 hours while some fool walks back and forth between his ball and the cart on the path 8 times:) :) :D .

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
There's a reason my nickname on the course is 'CP'. I tend to hit at least 2/round.

I hit a 230 yard 8I in my last round because of a CP. Good stuff.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I don't like them, especially when they have the paths near the greens and you get unlucky enough to have a somewhat wayward shot turn into an OB penalty or bounce off a few miles away from the green.

You don't see course architects laying out courses over the asphalt of city streets, so why do we need to throw down a strip of pavement that chews up balls and puts an ugly, dark slash in the middle of the greenery we came to play on?

The more I play this game, the more I become convinced it was a game meant to be walked.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
JHawk... Those are great!

I've always thought the animal heads were goofy, BUT to have a skunk's ass hanging out of my bag would just be poetic.

Good link.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
The more I play this game, the more I become convinced it was a game meant to be walked.

I really agree RBB...I try to walk as much as I can and I enjoy the round more and usually play better too..I have an Ogio Grom which is a super carrying bag...I am going to walk on Saturday morning...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Cart paths should be banned!

Pet hate of mine. Golf courses built in some of the most beautiful parts of the country - grass, trees, birds singing - then some idiot lays a nasty swathe of concrete through it. So that other idiots can then ignore the paths and drive carts over fairways and churn them up.

Burn carts. Dig up cart paths.

And burn those sodding animal head-covers as well.

Rant over.

Do they not sell Midol where you live? :p

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Siberian:

Are you in private practice? (Our vet here is a good friend and neighbor...)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Bravo said:
Siberian:

Are you in private practice? (Our vet here is a good friend and neighbor...)

Yes. And today was so slow that it was very private. Hence my midday trip to the range. :D

There are 2.5 golf courses (one is a First Tee) within 1 mile of my office. It's a wonder that I get any work done.

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
In Dallas we've got a course Called Tenison Glen. The 18th is called "Cardiac Hill". There's been more than one golfer picked up by an ambulance in August on that hole.
:faintthud
I still love cart paths!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Sorry you had a slow day...but glad to know of your professional credentials...there are five Labs within 200 yards of my house...we live in a house of Labs here...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online