• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I made the bastard buy me a beer!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
What a cluster****.

This happened last monday. I did a quick install and was done by 10:00...POOF! off to the course.

I cruised buy an 18 hole par three near my house and it was loaded with old women...ok...off the the next place, a run down 18 hole spot about 30 minutes away.

I get there, I am playing alone...walking. I get to the first tee and see a husband/wife pair doddering along...."I'm not hanging behind them all day" sez I.
So I have a look at 10 and it's clear...cool!

I set up, hit me tee shot and suddenly 2 guy's that were on 9 but had gone into the poor excuse for a clubhouse, came back....we nodded (they glared). I proceed down the fairway to my ball......This is when the lawnmowerman shows up. Long story, short he screams at me over the roar of the tractor to let the 2 shmoes play through....fine, no problem, I wave them on (why this is a good idea is beyond me, I'm a single, they have to wait maybe a minute for my scond shot and we are good to go).

They play through, I set up to hit my second shot and the group that had raced from 9 to ten actually whistled at me to let them play through as well.....now I'm getting fecking pissed off...3 clowns who for some reason could not wait and preferrd to have me breathing down their necks but didn't care.

I actually did pressure these twits for nine holes....loads of waiting, loads of practice putts and swings on the tee (bastards).

OK, so I FINALLY get back to 1...played ok but caught up to the mower guy again on number 4, he was cutting the fairway rough and followed me for 4 FECKING holes! He stopped to watch me shank a few, literally 10 feet away with an old Ford tractor farting diesel in my face.

I tried sprinting, I tried to hit him, no matter what he matched my speed.

Know you guy's know me as well as you can and I NEVER lose my temper....but boy I came real close, it was hot and this prick would not take the hint.

I finished up, went into the clubhouse, grabbed a beer and told the guy at the desk what happened and that the lawnmowerman was buying this one.

You can't make it up! :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
I tried sprinting, I tried to hit him, no matter what he matched my speed.

:)

This sounds positively Caddyshackish!!! I am imagining Carl Spackler with gophers everywhere.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Oh, Jesus...you have no idea....an 60's era yellow tractor with balloon tires and a drive shaft out the back powering the blades, loud as hell, 3 passes and he was on to the next hole, same as me.

Why they don't cut in the early am is beyond me.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
awesome...I once had a mower following us for the whole front 9...every single tee shot, he sat there waiting with his mower humming along on every tee shot

GunnerMan

Jun 7, 2005
Jeese well guys around here don't do thank god. I did have the sprinklers come on on me once though, so I hit my fairway shot in the rain no biggie besides the fact it made my Winn grips like butter. Id stick a putter in that guys motor

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
i've similar experiences with mower guys. just about lost it. mower guy yelling at me for picking up range balls(not alot of balls) and throwing them back on the range with not a soul behind me and i was in a cart. nobody hardly on the course. he was lucky i didnt meet him in the parking lot.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
fredcouplesfan said:
i've similar experiences with mower guys. just about lost it. mower guy yelling at me for picking up range balls(not alot of balls) and throwing them back on the range with not a soul behind me and i was in a cart. nobody hardly on the course. he was lucky i didnt meet him in the parking lot.

FCFan, you know that you can shank your ball by accident, especially when no one is around ;)

The master

Oct 24, 2004
The greenkeeper staff only have prioritie on our course until 10am after that if they are cutting the greens we just hit on anyway. Though soudns like a interesting day at the course for you. I usually pressure people in front by hitting 320 yards drives up there asses and saying I didn't think I could get there with a 3 wood I'm so sorry.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
The master said:
I usually pressure people in front by hitting 320 yards drives up there asses and saying I didn't think I could get there with a 3 wood I'm so sorry.

I wish I could do that!:D

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Since I got my ignite I'm flying it miles, I'm just repeating each swing and struggling to miss fairways and I get told off all the time for knocking it up close to people.

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
Where I golf the mower guys and stuff are so annoying. Onetime im on the 9th hole and they had stopped using the chainsaw then right before im about to hit the ball a chainsaw starts cutting wood. And all my course does is mow and mow and mow but its gotta be the suckiest course I've ever played. There is no such thing as a fairway or rought at my course. So next year Im playing at the country club around here and not the crappy course I usually play.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
nothing really of that sort around here, except one time i was at the range and after finishing was just picking up the balls that the little kids hit two yards into the range, i figured it would be harder for the tractor to pick those up on the slope that this range has, but the guy told me off so i hardly go back there anymore, all the while a group of punks are over to the side doing happy gilmore swings and breaking clubs...

H

Hardcore

my course is pretty well taken care of but i aslo have problems with those mower guys...at the course an hour away from me they take every monday and close the course till noon and do all the mowing so it doesnt anoy people...

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online