• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I made this

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
XfIau7n.jpg

Should I drink it?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm trying to think of clues, but every single one I think of could be googled quickly...and that's no fun.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
So, some details, not that anyone necessarily cares.

I have 10 tree's tapped. Couple Norway Maples, a couple red maples, a couple silver maples, and one black walnut. Other tree's that can be tapped and turned into syrup include all hard maples, and some birch trees.

The first week, I got 7 gallons of sap. What you see in the pint mason jar is everything those 7 gallons of sap produced. It's typically a 40:1 - 60:1 ratio of sap to syrup, depending on your specific trees sap sucrose content which varies between 0 and 3%.

This week is looking like really good weather for sap production. Ideal temperatures for Maple sap production is 40-42ºF during the day and below freezing at night.

I built an evaporator out of cinder blocks and a steam table pan, total cost $40. Total cost including the spiles, tubing, buckets, and evaporator is about $65. I got the buckets for free...which helps a lot in reducing cost.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wife's cousin in Minnesota makes his own syrup. He, too, has told us how many gallons of sap it takes to get just a small dab of syrup. When you can buy it in the grocery store for a buck and an half, I can't understand the reason to mess with it. Up there, they do their own honey from bees... syrup from sap... cider from apples.... all that neat stuff.

Good job!!!! Enjoy!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That shit is mostly high fructose corn syrup.
At this age, what's a little more cholesterol?
Been eating lots of apples and oranges this winter. Wife was sick for a week. I caught the stuff she had and in less than 24 hours was healthy as a horse. Between my vitamins and the extra fruit....

Been getting "Clementine" oranges. Easy to peel and taste good. So, this week looking us just what a Clementine is on Google. Find out that you aren't supposed to be eating grapefruit or certain oranges... Clementine is one... when on statin drugs. No one ever told me that. Some of the warnings on Google suggest one orange can kill you. I've probably had three or four dozen this winter. Still kickin'.. So, just peeled and ate another one for lunch. Guess they should put one of those FDA warning stickers on each orange and grapefruit!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.