• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I may be in trouble

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I bought a G10 4 wood and hybrid used off WRX (see sig). Seller had a driver that was my exact set up (10.5, PL Red R), but sold it while I debated due to my G5 playing so well right now.

Then the seller contacts me and tells me the driver deal fell through...do I want it? Turned him down again, but told him I had a friend looking. Friend bought it.

Ran into my friend on the driving range Friday and hit the driver. Street shoes, no glove, no warm up other than hitting his 7 iron a couple of times...striped 2 down the middle with nice low trajectories and plenty of run!

Next time we play I'll be hitting his G10 against my G5, but I have this feeling I may be ho'ing a driver soon...

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
I have a strong feeling that your wallet is going to get lighter... ^_________^

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I have a strong feeling that your wallet is going to get lighter... ^_________^

There is always that chance.

However, if it's not substantially better than my G5, I'll hold off. I've been real happy with it since I had it reshafted and cut down to 45".

Still, the G10 is newer and the headcover would match... ;)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
You knew you were going to buy before you even posted, you Ho. :laugh:

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You knew you were going to buy before you even posted, you Ho. :laugh:
Time will tell.

It'll be at least a week before he and I play again, so it won't be soon.

Plus, ebay and Global don't have any right now with PL Red's in them! :p

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
A friend of mine just bought a G10 and is crushing the ball...We are the kind of hackers that hit it 200 yds and he is now hitting it 220 to 250....And fairly straight as well...
If you could only see his swing...You would understand my amazement....I'm close to getting one, but have been waiting for more testimonials. So far everyone seems to love
the G10.

ers1029

Apr 1, 2008
how's the hybrid? Easy to hit? What's your handicap? I am considering both a g10 hybrid and driver myself.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
According to my math, the G10 is twice as good as the G5...

While I prefer the feel/sound of the Rapture driver to the G10, I'm not hitting the G10 fairway woods and hybrids on purpose as the wallet can't take that kind of hit. Unlike you, I can't find some poor sap to take the 5W off my hands. ;)

So, just how many weeks did it take you to go from full tilt BS to full PING? :prop:

:smilie_pi

shw_1979

Apr 3, 2008
OMG guys.... my problem with ho'ing iron hasn't stop yet and you guys just let me ho'ing for driver and hybrid....

Geez..... just starting to count how much money I should spend on full bag ping....

I still can't forget the feel and grind on my face when demoed G10 iron in my hand (1st time custom fitted). than another demoed on putter, now the driver....

Poor my wallet :(

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
OMG guys.... my problem with ho'ing iron hasn't stop yet and you guys just let me ho'ing for driver and hybrid....

Geez..... just starting to count how much money I should spend on full bag ping....

I still can't forget the feel and grind on my face when demoed G10 iron in my hand (1st time custom fitted). than another demoed on putter, now the driver....

Poor my wallet :(
What country are you from?

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
how's the hybrid? Easy to hit? What's your handicap? I am considering both a g10 hybrid and driver myself.
So far, the hybrid feels great as it hits big sweeping hooks with every shot! It has great potential if I can straighten it out, and I do not like hybrids.

According to my math, the G10 is twice as good as the G5...

While I prefer the feel/sound of the Rapture driver to the G10, I'm not hitting the G10 fairway woods and hybrids on purpose as the wallet can't take that kind of hit. Unlike you, I can't find some poor sap to take the 5W off my hands. ;)

So, just how many weeks did it take you to go from full tilt BS to full PING? :prop:

:smilie_pi

Very, very few.....

The G10 4 wood is longer and easier to hit than that J33 5 wood...:p

What country are you from?

ditto.

shw_1979

Apr 3, 2008
Ah.... I live in Indonesia....

sometimes, just got jelous with you guys... you got so much better offer there. Iron G10 3-pw here might cost you around 1100......for steel, or around 110 USD per stick....

Sometimes I just cannot justify the price and always prefer to go with mizuno as the difference in price between here and US won't that much, but I never able to demo mizuno. While I can demo G10 and loving it.....

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I knew you'd appreciate that one! :laugh:

You've got a solid bag...stick with it!

It's all in jest actually, I can't ever remember being this satisfied with my bag. With that being said, don't be too surprised if a large mallet putter finds its way into the bag in the next month or so (I'm really interested in the Karsten series Craz-E...).

🔥 Latest posts