• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I might actually play golf...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Tomorrow. My boss and I are dropping off some furniture right near a course we played in Oxford CT. a few months back. He said to bring clubs tomorrow and we'll see if we can play 9. We'll see if the time off was good or bad, it's been over month since I've taken a swing.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I actually seem to play quite good the first time after some time off. Best rounds ever have been played just after the break. Then off course, I realize its only luck and I start sucking again as always...

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Why did you take the time off...I missed something.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Why did you take the time off...I missed something.

I moved then my car broke down. Haven't really had much time. Also was sick and it rained for like a week. I've been losing interest a little bit. Maybe golf gods will grant me a few great shots to get me hooked again. :)

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I moved then my car broke down. Haven't really had much time. Also was sick and it rained for like a week. I've been losing interest a little bit. Maybe golf gods will grant me a few great shots to get me hooked again. :)

I hope you have a great outing..Sorry to hear you were sick..
What did you decide about a job anyway?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Good luck.

I've been the same way. Been playing every week. Last week I took off. Went to the range the week before, hit like crap, played and did SOMEWHAT better, but still shot a 46.. Wasn't happy. I was hitting the ground on everything, driving was a waste of time..

So I stopped playing. I was actually tired of it...

I'm playing tomorrow with my golfing partner. He and I usually play once/twice a week, and then the weekend. He's back in town and itchin to play.. I guess I'll just go out and swing away and see what happens.

Best of luck though... Wait till the 4th hole before you start throwing you clubs in the lake. :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Didn't get to play. It was a problematic day and we got done way too late for golf. I'm debating on just selling my irons. Just don't have any motivation to play.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Didn't get to play. It was a problematic day and we got done way too late for golf. I'm debating on just selling my irons. Just don't have any motivation to play.

I hate to say it, but I am right there with you. The last time I played, I sprayed the ball everywhere. Its sad when you step up to a SW shot and are just hoping to get the ball airborn. I S@#$K#d so many friggin shots, I was just miserable. I know what the problem is, I don't have time to practice and frankly money is tight so I haven't even play much the last 2 months. TO be honest, I am glad that the leaves are falling and snow will be flying soon here in VT. It will give me a break and I can come back fresh in the spring.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I think lots of us are due for a break. I'm almost at the point where I miss skiing, myself.

Not due for a break here, although I have been getting ready for skiing season. Just put the ski rack back on my suv the other day & looking forward to 2 upcoming ski swaps/sales.

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
All things in moderation.

A lesson which I have paid dearly (more than once) to learn. By virtue of your (continued) presence and intensity with your various afflictions you're a prime target.

IMHO.

Best,

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Not due for a break here, although I have been getting ready for skiing season. Just put the ski rack back on my suv the other day & looking forward to 2 upcoming ski swaps/sales.

In Wisconsin? I know Rib Hill got renamed Rib Mountain years ago, but come on!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I played. Wished I hadn't.

Shot a 49... It was terrible. After 3 holes, I wanted to be done. We walked, so it just prolonged my agony.

I "power faded" everything. I left divots the size of my club heads, and didn't get the ball to go more than 50 yards. I was hitting the ground first, then maybe the ball. Driving was terrible, missed all but 2 fairways. I had no GIR's..... I 3 putted twice...

I can't figure out whats wrong. I was on fire a few weeks/months ago. Tried to get a new swing. It was so-so. Then lately at the range AND now the course... It's just embarassing.

I couldn't hit a single iron.

My wedges?! HAHAHAHAA... Im usually spot on. Yesterday? I couldn't chip over a friggin 15ft bunker without getting in it. Only good shots I had were from the beach... go figure?!

I'm not going to play for a little while I think. Something is wrong.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.