• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I must be getting old....

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Another way to SW match to a particular iron that you like is 3/8" difference and 1/2 SW.

So if you like your 7-iron, and it's D2 and 37", your "moi'd set" would simulated as so:

5-iron D-1 @ 37.75"
6-iron D-1.5 @ 37 3/8"
7-iron D-2 @ 37"
8-iron D-2.5 @ 36 5/8"
9-iron D-3 @ 36.25"
PW D-3.5 @ 35 7/8"

The smaller changes in length (basically .4" instead of .5") will help you hit those swingweights a bit easier. Otherwise, to go heavier, you can always use lead tape or tungsten down the shaft with a cork. Obviously, lead tape is easier.

The best part of the MOI machine is the software. You plug everything in, then the software spits out how many grams you are off. What you need to add or subtract to get to your target MOI.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I finally got my hack-sticks out on the course last night. I shot a 77 :D...........on a par 65 course:( . I was pretty happy with the new irons. I need to tweek the lofts a bit to equalize out some of the distance gaps, but once that is done I think I will be very happy with the results.

And to prove the theory that even a blind squirrel finds the nut, I actually birdied two holes in a row (I do beleive that is a first for me, I do not recall ever hitting two birdies in a row.) 1st birdie was on a Par 4 where my second shot came up short in the fringe. Putted it into the hole from 20 feet away. 2nd birdie came on a par three. 1st shot was 8 feet over the flag stick. Drained the putt. Would have had had 3 out of 4 if my 60* pitch shot out of the rough 2 holes later didn't horseshoe out and sit 1 inch from the cup.:(

On a side note, a friend of mine had flown in to play some golf and needed some clubs. I set him up with my old set of irons, My Snake Eyes Ti-460 with a Grafalloy Blue, SE Quick Strike Tour hybrids, SE Forged Wedges, and my Scotty Studio Style Newport 2. He shot a 2 over par 67 and had never touched the clubs before! As a clubmaker, there is no greater feeling than watching the clubs you made perform so well. He was crushing the driver long and straight out to 280 yards on average and even hit the green on a 345 yard par 4. The hole had a slight dogleg right, so the drive was probably more like a 290-295 yard strike. We were able to get in 27 holes before it got dark last night, and when we reached a par 3 for the second time he wanted to try my new irons out and almost holed it with my new PW. It was simply awesome to watch.

🔥 Latest posts