• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need a carry bag

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Just thought I would throw in another possibility. You can get an OGIO Sliver with the Woode system weighing in at only 2 pounds.
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/297619/Ogio/Sliver_Stand_Bag
I was going to buy one as a travel bag for my wife, but at the time they had Vaporlites on sale for about the same price. I think at the time they were both around $59-69 down from around $100 and is a 9" bag. If you find a Vaporlite in that price range, it works well for my wife when she travels or plays in leagues. Can't imagine the Sliver is much different.

Although personally, if I planned to do this a lot, I would get something a little bigger as I probably would be more apt to walk if I knew I could take all the gear I needed even at the expense of a couple pounds. Then again, with Midsized grips I'm not sure I would be able to deal with a 7" bag even if it held all my gear. I really think I would consider a 9" bag.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I hadn't even thought about the mid-sized grips. A 9" is definitely what I need, thanks.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
I got a Bennington all black stand/carry bag I could give to you Mdubbya. It's all black, all zippers work and all that jazz. Nothing fancy, but it worked for me. LMK if you want it.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Does anyone know how much a carry bag loaded with the standard 14 clubs weighs? Reason I ask is we have our Wisconsin Shottalk outing in June & will still be limited to 30 lbs at that time. We will probably utilize carts but I still need to carry my bag from the house to my car & dont want to overdo it.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks for the replies, I'm no longer looking for a bag, worked out a swap with Twelve.

I don't know Wi, but when mine gets here from Tx. I'll put my clubs in it and weigh it if you don't get an answer before then.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I just weighed my Burton CXS Hybrid bag, loaded as it came off the course last time I played. The bag is a shade over 6 lbs. and with the stuff in my signature, about a dozen balls, tees, a couple towels and my SG-3 GPS clipped to it, it weighs:

26 lbs.

That's ready to play.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Thanks, am interested to know.
Might have my wife haul my clubs into the bathroom &n throw them on the scale later today.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks, am interested to know.
Might have my wife haul my clubs into the bathroom &n throw them on the scale later today.

Lol, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you first ask her to do that, before you explain why. :biglol:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Ok, just asked her & she said no problem although I guess i'm thinking straight as she just brought the scale into the office. It's my TM stand bag fully loaded with an extra driver, probably at least 2 dozen balls, umbrella, gps unit etc. Weighed 29.5 lbs which works perfectly as it will be under the 30 lb limit. Can always drop 1 driver as well as a number of balls & the umbrella if need be.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Ok, just asked her & she said no problem although I guess i'm thinking straight as she just brought the scale into the office. It's my TM stand bag fully loaded with an extra driver, probably at least 2 dozen balls, umbrella, gps unit etc. Weighed 29.5 lbs which works perfectly as it will be under the 30 lb limit. Can always drop 1 driver as well as a number of balls & the umbrella if need be.
Are you worried about weight you can carry or weight that the airline will allow? Don't forget the weight of the travel bag, which probably weighs in excess of 5 pounds. When I travel and add the bag, gear and a pair of shoes it usually weighs in at 35-45 pounds, but the airline allows 50 usually. You could throw some of the junk in your other bag if it is the airline you are worried about.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
It's the actual weight I can carry, after 6 weeks I can increase from current limit of 8 lbs but for the 3 months following it's limited to 30 lbs max as there is a risk of damaging the sternum.

Not attending the outing next month, the one I referred to is our Wisconsin onw in Janesville in june.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Wi, you're going to have to be allowed an exemption for one of those Hooters girl type caddies someone posted about here last year. :laugh:

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
If you want a lighter bag for the outing I have a Titleist carry bag (basically just cloth) you could use... Take the weight of your clubs and add about a pound.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.