• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need a cheap, GOOD .335 graphite shaft

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Well, I had my 3 wood reshafted with the Saber shaft Rock kindly gave me, but I don't think I'm man enough for it. :(

It's a stiff flex, and even butt cutting it instead of tipping, it feels too stiff for me. I'm hitting big fades and slices off the deck and not getting enough altitude off the tee. So this may be a failed experiment.

The clubmaker may still have my old shaft, I'll have to check. Just in case he doesn't or we can't use it, does anyone have a recommendation for a CHEAP but good regular flex shaft? Preferably less than $30.

There is a new UST Proforce I.T. on Ebay for $14 plus shipping. Any good?

Also a Grafalloy Comp NT Prototype pull for $45 shipped. Any good?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I think golfworks sells a Saber High vector shaft too - maybe the softer tip will do it? - or another $15 for a reg flex?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If you've paid attention, you know how I feel about the Comp NT. Is it the 85g, or the 65g version? Higher weight for fairway clubs, I hear.

The Comp NT is a very nice shaft.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
If you've paid attention, you know how I feel about the Comp NT. Is it the 85g, or the 65g version? Higher weight for fairway clubs, I hear.

The Comp NT is a very nice shaft.

It was the 65gm version, but it is gone now. :(

I do have a pseudo Aldila NV (NV-H, 70gm regular) that came in my Hogan driver. I may give that a try, but I will have to have the head pulled.

Limey? Ick. :)

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'm having my NV75 reg flex pulled from the J33 next week. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
chem, i still need your paypal info!! you asked for my address so you could ship it, but i dont have a way to send the $35 yet... :)

edit- i thought i would clear this up, it sounds like i am tryin to steal the NV away from doc, but i was referring to a PW i bought from chem...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
chem, i still need your paypal info!! you asked for my address so you could ship it, but i dont have a way to send the $35 yet... :)

edit- i thought i would clear this up, it sounds like i am tryin to steal the NV away from doc, but i was referring to a PW i bought from chem...

Check your PMs...

You too, Doc. :)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Well, I went to the range today, and I couldn't hit ANY of my fairway woods off the deck, so it might not be the shaft. Hit the hybrids just fine. And I was hitting the fairways fine last week.

Stupid game.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Well, I went to the range today, and I couldn't hit ANY of my fairway woods off the deck, so it might not be the shaft. Hit the hybrids just fine. And I was hitting the fairways fine last week.

Stupid game.

I hear ya!

For the last two weeks I've looked like a 30 handicap on range (and one round on the course:real angry:); I haven't hit so many balls off the hosel in years. It has been reall really frustrating. About half way through a bucket on Friday though I think I identified what I was doing to cause my issues. I set-up closer to the ball and all of sudden I started hitting clean shots again. I think I was just too far from the ball and subconsciously reaching out on the downswing. I'll keep doing my drills over the weekend and then get out to the range on Tuesday to see if I've properly worked through this rough patch.

Anyway, the NV will be out of 3W by Thursday so just let me know.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Had a wierd round today. Only hit the 3 wood twice: 1st was a tee shot and popped it up, went 90 yards down range and 150 straight up. :D My playing partner who can't see shit was standing there squinting and saying "Where the hell did it go?" :biglol:

2nd was off the deck on a par 5: 250 yard frozen rope that stopped pin high off the green.

So, I'll practice a little more with it before I change yet again.

🔥 Latest posts