• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need ideas

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I only suggested gigolo in an effort to make him see to keep the job he has. But if, as you say, you are about to be laid off as I was, then draw your unemployment, look for work, and take out a student loan and enroll in a continuing education program. Either a brick and mortar College, or Uni as ya'll call them. Or a online college, or even a vocational school.

The most important thing is to make lemon aid from the lemons life deals you. If you are about to lose your job, take this opportunity to improve yourself and your station in life. I would have never enrolled in school had I not been laid off. But now that I'm back in I'm really enjoying it. And when the economy does turn around, I'll be in line for a considerably better paying job than I had to begin with.

edit; I would not advise getting into trucking, or lorrie driving. The money is good yes, but the hours are horrible, too much time away from home. Not to mention the effects it has on the body. Unless you relish the idea of needing glasses, from squinting through a windshield, having a face full of wrinkles, same reason, and ending up with a prostrate the size of a grapefruit from sitting to much and bouncing up and down in the seat, avoid it like you would Swine Flu.

Sorry if my post seemed obtuse. I miss understood the OP. I thought they were merely dissatisfied with their current job. It didn't appear they were about to be laid off, or suffering financially.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
First... and most important... if you have a job in this difficult economic time, keep it!!!! Don't make an emotional decision that could become a financial disaster.

This is the best advice you have received so far. Gigalo? Barber? Let's be realistic.......
I would say based on the Original Post, +2 on this advise.

Again, just based on the original post. My reasoning isn't to not take a gamble, or even in trying times. My reasoning is more based on the initial comments. For any private venture to be successful, I think it is going to have to be something you know well, so much so that it is almost a passion to you. You are also going to have to be committed to it with a passion.

While I am sure there are cases where this is not the case, I just don't see a venture succeeding if it something that someone told you to do (outside of something illegal :laugh:). I also do not believe you will ever have that passion or commitment to an idea that is not your own.

If you are looking for inspiration, I think it either going to have to come from within, or you are going to have to look for it in something you already do, or until you do some sole searching and that time comes.

Just my .02 cents though.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
If you are looking for inspiration, I think it either going to have to come from within, or you are going to have to look for it in something you already do, or until you do some sole searching and that time comes.

Just my .02 cents though.

Exactly - the guys with the brilliant plans always piss me off since I can't think of anything. I'm just too average lol

🔥 Latest posts