• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need some help

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
Hello following hackers,

i have a problem with my swing.
Background: I used to play a lot of hockey (sideway movement of the hip) got a flipped disc through hockey which gives me a pain that goes down my left leg, throught this i got a sideways movement of the hip during my golf swing. I actually got rid of it a couple of years ago, but now its back.

I play golf since i'm 8, currently my official hpc is around 1.4, but i play around maybe 5. I have one pro who i let at my swing, but he's back home in sweden. So I started to do videanalysis myself, which is great and works really well for me.
I did one yesterday and I would say my upswing is close to perfect BUT I start my downswing with a massive sideways AND upwards movement of the hip so I have only little room for the arms to swing and have to 'rescue' the swing through a very early release, in fact I almost LIFT the ball in the air. This makes a lot of sense, since i have had trouble to have constant lengths on my shorter irons AND I have not had a very penetrating ball flight either lately.

My question to you guys is, how do I get this away? I thought about putting a pencil under my watch (left hand side) and swing with that for a while.

Appreciate any input!

Thanks a lot

Regards

Björn

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
The pencil idea works. I've used a Rick Smith "swing glove" which accomplishes the same thing with more comfort. Very good analysis thought process. Many would not associate wrist cock/angle with lateral weight shift. This is exactly what I have found. If my wrist is NOT in the proper position at the top I compensate with lower body movement which gets me into real trouble.

Let us know if this works for you too please!!!!

🔥 Latest posts