• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need some shaft!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You're welcome.

Anyway- I might be getting myself a 4DX 3-Wood after many months of drooling. Unfortunately the one I'm looking at is a strong 3; 13* loft.

I don't really want a 13* 3-wood.

But I'm a club ho, this is new-lookin, and it's sassy. I figure that if I do win this (I am the current high bid) I'm going to want a higher-launching shaft than what I'm used to. I currently have a Wishon 515GRT 15* with a VS Proto and a Geek DCT 15* with an accuflex icon. The flights are great on both of those. If either one was 13* I think the ball would be going a bit too low for my liking.

Begs the question, why am I buying a 3W?

I don't want to spend much at all. I don't know if the proto will give me the launch I need using a 13* head. I've looked for a cheap NVS pull but didn't find much in the weight I wanted.

Anything cheap kicking around that might tickle my fancy? Am I even gonna notice 2*?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You will notice the loft considerably. That being said, I have no trouble elevating my TEE. I play the EVO in mine, which is a tough shaft to play in it's own right.

Cheap, eh? Hmm. See if you can't find a Comp NT 85g. That's a great FW shaft. I'm also a fan of the NVS, but you've noted your struggles.

I have nothing to offer up, at the moment, I'm sorry.

R35

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
For the price of shipping you can have the Fujikura High Launch Stiff shaft that came stock in my TEE. Lord knows I'll never use the darn thing.

Problem is my shipping is probably around $20US...

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
That's what she said! :biglol:

I'm sorry. I echo what rock said: look for a comp nt or an nvs. I also have an evo, in a lower launching head (for a 15*), that I have no problem elevating (when I remember how to hit a 3 wood). Remember that you probably hit the ball twice as high as anybody on this board. You might have luck with the VS proto, if you like that shaft in your driver. Might be nice to have a lower, more boring flight with your 3 wood anyway.

To summarize my rambling:

I would try a VS Proto first. If you don't like that, or don't want to try one, then continue searching for an NVS but also add the comp nt into your search queries.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Well, the proto I have in my 515GRT (3 wood) produces a great flight. But that's with a 15* head. I'm concerned that the same shaft properties in a 13* head will not be enough to tickle my fancy.

And Jake, the thread title was so clearly queer that it didn't need your inspiring grasp of the obvious -_-

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Well, the proto I have in my 515GRT (3 wood) produces a great flight. But that's with a 15* head. I'm concerned that the same shaft properties in a 13* head will not be enough to tickle my fancy.

And Jake, the thread title was so clearly queer that it didn't need your inspiring grasp of the obvious -_-

Ahh, I see. I was reading quickly and thought you were referring to your wishon driver with a proto. In that case, look for an NVS or a comp nt.

That's what makes it so funny! ;)

🔥 Latest posts