• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need to switch my signature...

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
The X series get a lot of love (along with the PING Eye 2's), but they have so much offset that I'd almost be done with my swing before the club head hit the ball.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
The X series get a lot of love (along with the PING Eye 2's), but they have so much offset that I'd almost be done with my swing before the club head hit the ball.
Agreed, I was afraid of pulling or hooking them but mostly they're straight or a baby draw.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Offset creates draw? And pulls?
The main purpose of an offset club head is to help players who tend to slice. One way in which the offset helps to limit or cure the slice is by moving the club head’s center of gravity farther from the shaft. Former “Golf Digest” equipment editor Peter Farricker explained that the farther the center of gravity is from the shaft, “the better chance you have of squaring the club face.”

Because I don't slice, I was afraid of pulls. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The main purpose of an offset club head is to help players who tend to slice. One way in which the offset helps to limit or cure the slice is by moving the club head’s center of gravity farther from the shaft. Former “Golf Digest” equipment editor Peter Farricker explained that the farther the center of gravity is from the shaft, “the better chance you have of squaring the club face.”

Because I don't slice, I was afraid of pulls. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

Pulls I wouldn't be too worried about. Overcooking the draw could be a problem, but dead pulls would require a swing path change if you typically hit draw.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Pulls I wouldn't be too worried about. Overcooking the draw could be a problem, but dead pulls would require a swing path change if you typically hit draw.
This explains a lot, my ISIK's have about a mile if offset, and I can draw the ball fine, I can't fade it though. I have hit a lot of hooks lately too...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
This explains a lot, my ISIK's have about a mile if offset, and I can draw the ball fine, I can't fade it though. I have hit a lot of hooks lately too...

I have a hard time hitting fades as well. I typically try to feel like my backswing I take the club away from the ball on an outside path and come through on the same path. I don't have much control over it though. Could be a straight shot...could be an all out slice.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.