• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need to switch my signature...

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
I've waited a few weeks because I knew you guys would give me a world of sh!t...but I switched up my entire bag and FINALLY found sticks I hit well consistently.

Gone is the R1 and has been replaced by the Cleveland Altitude. I literally hit every driver in Golf Galaxy and the Altitude was the clear winner.

Gone is the RBZ Stage 2 fairway wood and hybrid. In is the Cleveland Altitude 4 wood.

Out are the Bridgestone J40 combos and wedges and in are Callaway X-22's. I fell in love with the Bridgestone's because they are sexy and while I hit them ok my game wasn't up for the task all the time. The Callaways are so forgiving it's almost cheating.

The Bridgestone putter stays because...well...I'm holing putts with it. I love the anti counter balance thing it has going on. I did replace the yellow foam grip with a super stroke 1.0 and love it!

Overall I pretty much broke even, they gave me good trade in on everything.

I'm a happy camper!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
So... how many times have you changed clubs since the last time you changed underwear??? Didn't want to tell us because we would give you crap? Surely, you know we are your old buddies and would never stoop so low as to remind you just how many sets of irons you've gone through in the past few days/weeks/months. We'd never suggest you have more wear on your shafts from taking them in and out of the bag to trade them than to play them. Nah! We're your support staff! We feel your pain. Ummm... the pain of having the equivalent of one-night-stands with golf clubs. Okay... I'll sit down and shut up!!!!:D

Tough to go wrong with the X Series Callaways. The X Series irons have been a mainstay for many years, since the X12 line. The X14 Pro Series are still highly sought after. One of the guys in our regular group plays X18's and plays them well. Haven't heard much about the Altitude line from Cleveland. Will be interesting to see how you like them after the honeymoon is over.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
So... how many times have you changed clubs since the last time you changed underwear??? Didn't want to tell us because we would give you crap? Surely, you know we are your old buddies and would never stoop so low as to remind you just how many sets of irons you've gone through in the past few days/weeks/months. We'd never suggest you have more wear on your shafts from taking them in and out of the bag to trade them than to play them. Nah! We're your support staff! We feel your pain. Ummm... the pain of having the equivalent of one-night-stands with golf clubs. Okay... I'll sit down and shut up!!!!:D

Tough to go wrong with the X Series Callaways. The X Series irons have been a mainstay for many years, since the X12 line. The X14 Pro Series are still highly sought after. One of the guys in our regular group plays X18's and plays them well. Haven't heard much about the Altitude line from Cleveland. Will be interesting to see how you like them after the honeymoon is over.
The first paragraph proves my point, lol. But I expected it.

I agree with the 2nd paragraph, the irons are great! The driver and fairway wood are cooperating currently. Hopefully the honeymoon continues for quite some time.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Jesus you and Nut man what happened?

I don't think either if you even slept with your new brides during the honeymoon phase! And I get shit for having 15 drivers last summer?

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Jesus you and Nut man what happened?

I don't think either if you even slept with your new brides during the honeymoon phase! And I get shit for having 15 drivers last summer?
I've never given you crap about the drivers. And honestly I don't know, I get this idea in my head for new clubs and it's done.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I've never given you crap about the drivers. And honestly I don't know, I get this idea in my head for new clubs and it's done.
Good point about my drivers...

I'm just giving you crap. Im the same way, once I decide something its pretty much done.

FYI, Im thinking of a Scotty Del Mar....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've waited a few weeks because I knew you guys would give me a world of sh!t...but I switched up my entire bag and FINALLY found sticks I hit well consistently.

Gone is the R1 and has been replaced by the Cleveland Altitude. I literally hit every driver in Golf Galaxy and the Altitude was the clear winner.

Gone is the RBZ Stage 2 fairway wood and hybrid. In is the Cleveland Altitude 4 wood.

Out are the Bridgestone J40 combos and wedges and in are Callaway X-22's. I fell in love with the Bridgestone's because they are sexy and while I hit them ok my game wasn't up for the task all the time. The Callaways are so forgiving it's almost cheating.

The Bridgestone putter stays because...well...I'm holing putts with it. I love the anti counter balance thing it has going on. I did replace the yellow foam grip with a super stroke 1.0 and love it!

Overall I pretty much broke even, they gave me good trade in on everything.

I'm a happy camper!
Interesting choice for driver, fairway wood and hybrid. I've never paid much attention to those. But this thread needs pics!!! :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online