• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need volunteers!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've probably bored you all to death in my recent Shinnecock posts. But I have managed to write it all down and now have about 14,000 words in a rough transcript on my life as a looper. I'd welcome feedback, so need some volunteers to read it and give me your thoughts. I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet, my style is not that good and I'm worried it is naval gazing at it's best. Still I've got pretty thick skin, so can take the abuse.

PM me with your e-mail addresses and I'll happily send it to you, as long as you promise to give me some constructive criticism. I have a bunch of old photos I need to scan in and more recent ones that I plan to add. If anything it will pad things out a bit. And I know Clarke likes to look at pictures. :)

Thanks in advance Dudes!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Love me some pictures!!!

Do you have a deadline in which you need the reviews? With work/home life I'm not sure how quickly I would be able to read it, but I would love to give it a shot!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Love me some pictures!!!

Do you have a deadline in which you need the reviews? With work/home life I'm not sure how quickly I would be able to read it, but I would love to give it a shot!

No deadlines, except the trash can!! Pm me your email addy.

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is there anything about sheep shagging? Coz I'll help with the details on that.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Is there anything about sheep shagging? Coz I'll help with the details on that.

Plenty of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll. Well there's golf and talking crap anyway!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I used to write technical papers on metallurgy and other authors and myself would proof read each other's papers. I'll give it a go.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I just started the prologue. Do you want feedback regarding editing (spelling/grammar, etc) or just an overall review of the novelette? Or both? Or neither? Or this one time, at band camp...

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Limp gave it a run through already, thanks, great feedback.

I guess I'm open to offers, there are plenty of typos / example of poor grammar / general bad writing etc. but I'm really interested to see what the overall feel is for this. I'm certainly not a writer, so have genuinely no idea. Would it be worth publishing? Or should it be filed in the circular filing cabinet?

I've scanned in the photos and am starting to assemble them into the story now. So advice, proofing etc are all welcomed. And don't worry I have incredibly thick skin, if it is rubbish, tell me. If it can be improved, tell me!

Thanks, I have 5 volunteers already!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm about 1/2 way through. Am enjoying it immensely! Very "riveting"! I sent an e-mail with an attachment of little nit picky things I found. They might be okay if you are Irish LOL.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Keep it coming guys, thanks!!
Apparently my English is very good you know!

🔥 Latest posts