• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need volunteers!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I couldn't stop reading it! I never knew I knew so little about caddying or looping. It really reminded me alot about the movie Caddyshack! "Don't count that. I was interfered with". :D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
caddyshack-o.gif

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Just finished it. Two immediate things stick out above all:
1) I can't believe an LPGA player "took a dump" in the woods off of 16.
2) I can't believe you didn't hook up with the pro tennis player. WTF man?!?! :D

It was an entertaining read, to say the least. Sure it has spelling and grammar errors, but that's what editors and publishers are for. I won't delve into those details.

My only suggestions are things like:
  • Most chapters end quite abruptly. maybe ease out for a better transition to the next chapter.
  • I demand more dirt! Gimme the skinny on these rich bitches. Need more deets on the late night drunken antics. Get detailed!
That's all I got for now. More later. Maybe.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks for all the input so far, it all sounds great, but I have a lot of work to do I guess. I'm now onto v6!!!
Keep it coming!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Now that I'm sober(ish) I'll add that once you get past the chapter about the course itself, it gets kind of jumpy; almost like it's a bunch of random thoughts thrown in for word count. I think most of those paragraphs could fit into other chapters and it would be more relevant.

I'm done. I think it's a great idea and you wrote it well. I hope to someday own an autographed hard-back copy.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
it gets kind of jumpy; almost like it's a bunch of random thoughts thrown in for word count.

Hey, that's my life!! But I kinda know what you mean, I've done a lot more work on it, and will undoubtedly need a lot more. I'm kinda in the woods and trees zone right now. I might try and find someone who can make sense of it all, proof, edit it.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I guess it's only important if you plan on getting it professionally published. If you are just doing an online blog it's not as important, but if you're looking to get it on shelves (even virtually) you'll have to go through real editors anyhow... not a bunch of golf forum jerks. :D

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
FWIW - my cousin is a published author and her stories about the editing/publishing sound like more hassle than writing the book itself.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Yours has pictures. Win!

On-topic, does it matter if the root is softer than the pitch line?
On a gear tooth? Yes. That is the whole goal of a carburized (case hardened) gear. A hard wear surface over a ductile core. Too soft and the case can crush under load. Too hard and the tooth breaks off under shock. The depth of the case depends on how much load it will see. Ideal core hardness is HRC 32-36. (Case hardness would be HRC 58-65).

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

🔥 Latest posts