• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I notice a Lot of " Bag Under Construction " around here...

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
So for those of us that are wondering unless you are trying to make a big surprise what is on your mind for you bag for this coming season?

Here are my plans:

I am grabbing Mizuno MP-32 7iron-Pw and making a " Combo " set with the rest of my MP-60's.

Trying to get my Hands on a Tour Edge Exotics 3w

Maybe Some Sort of Putter Change

Possibly letting the Burner TP go, and grabbing a Nike 5000.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
i can honestly say that my bag will be the same. all but maybe the new driver, if it does not turn out to be what i want i'll be trading it for something nice:) maybe a FT-i tour or a skycaddie SG5. but the rest will not change all year you can make this a sticky if you want. :) also i think the combo sets work great. i'm loving mine !

OP
WildCatGolfer17

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
i can honestly say that my bag will be the same. all but maybe the new driver, if it does not turn out to be what i want i'll be trading it for something nice:) maybe a FT-i tour or a skycaddie SG5. but the rest will not change all year you can make this a sticky if you want. :) also i think the combo sets work great. i'm loving mine !

I dont know how to make it a sticky... :( I thought I had to be an ADMIN.

Also I just noticed.. is that 2 Burner TP's you have going lol.
And Until i hit that TEE 3w I would be envious of your 14.5 Burner TP 3w lol. But Now i am just happy for you lol.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
my bag is under contruction - it currently only has 3 clubs in it (driver, 4 wood, putter) and they may all be on the chopping block - I think I'm getting away from OEM stuff all together
I've got a row of clubs leaning on the bench that were recently in the bag - my wishon 560s are safe but I may experiment with different weights.
Wedges will likely remain the same for the "home course" but there will be another set when I have time for courses that require more bounce or whatever.
I'm looking to find new hybrids too - considering a 7 wood, but not sure yet. I just want the snow to melt....

I may go with a really ugly putter with one of those frequency filtered shafts just as a conversation starter.... and I think i'm moving towards knit headcovers

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Well not necessarily under construction, I'm looking to trade my 10.5 driver back for a TP version because I'm ballooning the bejeezus out of the ball off the tee. It goes a mile up and only out about 220 yards. And I've got the swing and ball speed to move the ball about 300...

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Nov 4, 2007
Northern Utah
Country
United States United States
I just barely started the construction on mine and it is one club away from being finished. For the new season I bought a Callaway FT-5 Tour 8.5* driver with a Diamana Blueboard 73g Xstiff, Titleist 52*, 56* SM, and 60* SM, and Im on the search for a putter and 3 Wood.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
my driver is a lock. not touching it.

wedges should stay the same. unless i find a distance gap or something.

the Maxfli Irons 4i-9i are gonna stay, I think I want to experiment with some different shafts and get everything fit well to me though. lengths, lie angles, etc.

i doubt my Nickent 3dx survives much longer. I see a 19 or 21* Titleist 585h on the horizon, but need to do some hybrid demoing before i'm sure...maxfli 3i could take the spot as well.

not sure about the heavenwood, depends how things are going with it, been finding myself thinking about a TEE 3 or 4 wood more and more lately....

my Corzina....we'll see. I want to add some weight down the shaft and throw a little bit thicker grip on it before i really decide, I'm considering a second tour of duty with a Heavy Putter...

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Just before Christmas, I tore up some ligaments in my right elbow. Since I was really playing shafts that were too strong for me, I'm putting together an A-Flex bag now.

Just ho'd up some Bridgestone GC OS irons (hit some & they seem OK).

I need to reshaft my R7-425, probably a 55gram v2 or a Graf Pro-Launch Blue & ought to pick up a 19 degree hybrid.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Mine is now set for the season, barring any physical damage. I just replaced the 3W and driver (traded the FTi and Adams 3W for the Mizuno's), and that's all I'm changing.

Depending on swing improvements, I might drop a hybrid and put my 5 iron back in, but that could be back and forth all year. I won't be buying any more new clubs though.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I'm still saving up for a Slighter, and thinking about a Renegade from Rory, but I haven't hoed anything in a long time. Don't plan on getting anything new otherwise. Unless I came across a nice set of Nippons to throw in my irons. ;) Whoops, I just remembered I want to try a Frequency Filter. That can be picked up whenever though.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The FTi has been my savior, haven't even looked at another driver since I got it. I'll be trying out a 2 wedge (other than PW) setup out. 52* Vokey, 58* Scratch. While I'm using those 2 I'll have a 20* Nickent hybrid in the bag as well. If this all works out, I'm all set for this year. Love my driver, 3W and 5W and the irons are obviously going nowhere until they are worn out beyond recognition. I may replace them around 2012 or so.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
My bag is set.

Pauls is also set, but it has 6 drivers, 3 sets of irons, 14 wedges and 8 putters

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I want to try and perhaps buy the new Cally squareway 3 wood, other than that, I'm set.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online