• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I played golf with the legendary, Token Hottie!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It's true, and she ain't no guy! :)
Carolyn is extremely charming, easy going and has a killer smile.

She is a beginner with a fantastic, full swing but she tends to hit her shots thin. When she makes good contact she gets good distance and I think that she is not very far away from putting together a pretty good golf game. Sand shots, by the way, are not a problem for her at all,

We played 9 holes in blazing heat and humidity then retired to the clubhouse for refreshments. :)

Hottie allowed me to take a few pictures but I'm sure not of you are at all interested in them, huh?

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
oh, ok.....

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Sorry, I can't help but ask. Are those second shots, or is she just trying to tweak out a few yards teeing up in front of the tees on a regular basis? :)

Yeah, I know, you finally provide pictures and didn't expect anyone to notice the tee box behind her right foot.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Is that an iced tea? :D

Hottie, not to be a jerk, but you have "weight problems". :D

I mean with your swing. This is so common with ladies. They use the turn of their body to lift the club and the front (left) leg lifts off the ground. This makes your head move backwards and is really, really difficult to correct. So it's pretty much bang on from Sling that you're hitting thin. If you can concentrate in your practice sessions by not lifting that front leg and keeping the head still, your thin shots will disappear. It's tough at first, but you'll have to slow down your swing to gain some control of the clubhead. It's the idea that power=distance that gets weaker swingers into that swing thought. No worries, you'll get it down. You have a pretty good grasp of this game already....unless that's an Iced tea, then we gotta talk....:D

Other than that, things look great. Good to have some pics to go along with the name!

Cheers,

R35

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Good to have some pics to go along with the name!

wouldn't it be nice if we could say the same about you. :p

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Rockford35 said:

I mean with your swing. This is so common with ladies. They use the turn of their body to lift the club and the front (left) leg lifts off the ground. This makes your head move backwards and is really, really difficult to correct. So it's pretty much bang on from Sling that you're hitting thin. If you can concentrate in your practice sessions by not lifting that front leg and keeping the head still, your thin shots will disappear. It's tough at first, but you'll have to slow down your swing to gain some control of the clubhead. It's the idea that power=distance that gets weaker swingers into that swing thought. No worries, you'll get it down. You have a pretty good grasp of this game already....unless that's an Iced tea, then we gotta talk....:D

Other than that, things look great. Good to have some pics to go along with the name!

Cheers,

R35

Rock are you saying that lifting her left leg makes her hit thin shots?

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I do the same thing......lots of pros do it too....Billy Mayfair comes to mind, It's old school. As long as you replant your foot correctly, no worries.

Hottie does lift her head a little early though.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
She must be fairly new to the game by the looks of her skin tone.but it looks like she has the club in a grat position at that point in her swing.nice powerful wrist cock if she holds that positon late into her swing she is way ahead of most beginners.a;so a solid looking finish.better then mine which i tend to cut alittle short at times.

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Rockford35 said:

Cheers,

R35

Its' a Sam Adams Summer Ale - I really like their seasonals! Although I have to admit I did have iced tea out on the course (soooo hot today!!!)
Not that you Canadians would know what Sam Adams was to begin with ;) At any rate, it's real beer, not the weak stuff.

Rock - Instead of tearing my swing apart from a distance, why not come give me the real thing? I learn much better with hands on assistance. :)

Thanks for the compliments, sling. It was a real pleasure playing with you today! You had some really excellent shots, even though you had already played 18 before I got there. I'm also glad you weren't creepy and I didn't have to break out the rebar. :D We should do it again sometime for sure.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
token_hottie said:
Rock - Instead of tearing my swing apart from a distance, why not come give me the real thing? I learn much better with hands on assistance. :)

You buying the beer? :D

I've always wanted to come to that part of the US. Maybe in two years. This year it's Texas, next year Barbados. But I'm wide open after that.

I wasn't criticizing, just commenting. Sling basically drew out the picture in words that explained your shortcomings on the golf course. I wasn't trying to be a dick. The leg thing, as Bob pointed out, is common, but not desired for the proper golf swing. Name 5 guys on tour that do it consistently....Billy Mayfair....and....and....i rest my case. Consistent ball striking leads to good scores. And good ball striking is born from a consistent swing. Consistency is built from a solid structure and repetitive engrained motion. Lifting the front leg is just another cog in the engine that doesn't need to be there.

But if the golf swing seems easy to anyone here, i'd love to hear their thoughts. :D

Sling, I had some pics up in the gallery until it went tits up a while back. I think Dave has modified a bunch of them. Hell, i'm positive he has...LOL.

R35

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Rock thanks for puting me on hold.When you get beating up on TH maybe you can answer my question.:)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
mont86 said:
Rock thanks for puting me on hold.When you get beating up on TH maybe you can answer my question.:)

I thought maybe you were being facetious. My bad, Mont.:)

As Sling will debate, there is really nothing wrong with lifting your front foot. IF you can bring it back down consistently and with the right timing. I look at the photos above and I see a front foot lifting, weight off balance on the backswing and a stance that is about 2" too narrow for a driver. Try this. take a stance like your going to hit a crisp chip shot. Now try and hit your driver without losing your balance. It's not gonna happen. If you widen your stance, keep your head still via having a proper weight shift and lead the backswing with the shoulders instead of the hands, you're light years closer to a more consistent swing than if you're always moving your head, leading the clubhead with your wrists on the backswing and hitting with a narrow stance.

Now, i'm just using my swing and feel as a comparo. My swing isn't for everyone. But I do get alot of compliments that my tempo and consistency are very good. (I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm the last guy that would ever do that about my golf game, I promise.) If I ever get out of my rythym, I know it right away. I can play par golf for 16 holes and get chin happy (lifting my noggin) only to ruin a good day by doing something fundamentally stupid. Now, if you want good results, you have to be consistent. And making your swing as simple as possible will do that.

Personally, the worst advice I can hear on the range from someone trying to teach someon to golf is something like "You want to make sure your elbow is straight. But, keep that chin down and your eyes on the back of the ball. Keep your rythym and shift your weight forwards on the follow through. Don't lift that front foot in the meantime. How's your grip, good? Ok, now hit the ball."

How about "Keep your balance and swing through. And keep your head still, it isn't going anywhere if you lift it up. Now hit a couple easy ones till you get the drift...."

Golf is a simple game. If you make it harder than it is, you're asking for trouble. You might as well break it down into it's simplest form. But if you don't know what they are, how are you ever gonna know why you're hitting it thin/fat/right/left?

Long story short, Mont, if you move your head, you're gonna hit thin or fat. Rarely will you get the proper meat on the ball.

R35

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I must comment every time I hear anyone say that you have to "keep your head still".

NOT TRUE! The only golf swing that the head should remain perfectly still for is a putt (and maybe a chip).

Your head MUST move on a full swing. It rotates to follow the proper rotation of the shoulders around the spine. Jack Nicklaus' first move - his swing trigger - was a slight turn of the head to the right. And Annika Sorenstam (another pretty good golfer) rotates her head from right to left almost before she strikes the ball.

It needs to be clear that the idea of a still head is only valid in regards to maintaining spine angle. The head should not move up and down. And trying to pin the head the head in place throughout the swing leads to tension, reverse-pivot, and possibly even neck strain or neck injury.

Keep your eyes on the ball. Much better advice than "keep your head still".

I know that people mean "keep your spine angle" when they say "keep your head still". It's just that semantics are important when talking about the golf swing, IMO. A beginner will always try to take advice as literally as possible.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
TH, from the photos, you have an Annika swing.
And yes, very hot yesterday :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.