• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I really dislike tebo...

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
And you're coming to the bible belt for golf? Lord a mercy, you're gonna' be struck down....

Oh wait. You're from Tennessee, the bible chastity belt. That explains EVERYTHING.

If he hasn't got me the last 8 or 9 times I think I'll be alright.

Went to a christian school growing up and now that I'm a big boy I can make my own decisions. Never once did I say I don't believe in god.

I just think he's a douche.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Tebow annoys me, and I dont care how religious or not he is, I just think he is overrated, and is Vince Young pt 2 when he comes to the NFL. The announcer on CBS (not the older guy) just cant stop hopping on Tebo's nuts. Reminds me of Brett Favre in overratedness.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If he hasn't got me the last 8 or 9 times I think I'll be alright.

Went to a christian school growing up and now that I'm a big boy I can make my own decisions. Never once did I say I don't believe in god.

You think God is a douche? Now you're really in deep...

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I can't stand the guy either. I refer to him is either Teblow or Teabag. I don't care what anyone's beliefs are as long as you aren't pushing them on others. Teabag talks about his faith almost every time he opens his mouth. That to me gets a little old.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada

LMAO. I wonder if he has a popped collar?

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
hahahaha I guess I should have made that a little more clear as tebo is the douche and god is fine in my book.

PS. no popped collar, but I'd be willing to bet that you wear sandals with socks and jorts don't ya? :biglol:

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Tebow annoys me, and I dont care how religious or not he is, I just think he is overrated, and is Vince Young pt 2 when he comes to the NFL. The announcer on CBS (not the older guy) just cant stop hopping on Tebo's nuts. Reminds me of Brett Favre in overratedness.

Yeah that's part of the reason I can't stand him. He's made great plays and done great things that no one can take from him. I just really hate when the announcers just have to mention his name in every breathe. It's almost as they don't have anything to talk about the game just about him. I really thing he is a replaceable part in Meyer's offense. He had Alex Smith at Utah and look how he's fairing in the nfl. If he has someone that can run and throw 10 passes a game it's going to be a tough road in the sec to beat them, and that sucks.

Even when I watch my beloved Vols and they talk about Eric Berry all day. I think the kid would have been up for the Heisman had UT done anything at all this year. Next year he will be at the downtown athletic club.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I don't follow college football much at all. I mean, I grew up here in Bloomington being an IU fan. Football sucks here. Anyway, I just don't pay much attention to Tebow.

The god factor with athletes. . .Sometimes gets to be silly I think. I always see Roethlisberger crossing his chest and pointing to the sky after a TD. I'm assuming he's happy his prayers were answered, but yeah, the thanking god thing seems mostly silly.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
As for the thanking god aspect of things... I dont mind it at all... I definately prefer it over someone thanking their "Taylormade Burner Driver", or "Nike". It seems like Tebow is just being himself and isnt repeating some line from a paid sponsor... but he still sucks.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
I don't think the postings are anti-religious, just find it funny that a religious person will thank god for their success without considering that since god's looking out for them it must me he/she/it is against the other person/team.

Even more problematic, how do they explain the losses? Does God get 2 weeks vacation every year? Was the devil just really hot that day? ;)

It all makes no sense. Ironically, Stevie Wonder got it right. "When you beleive in things, you don't understand, then you suffer."

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I believe the athletes are directing praise to God rather to themselves... at least some try... usually the athletes get most of the praise anyway.

If thats what they believe, good for them, Id rather see a person express themselves how they want, rather than spew some sponsors crap and make themselves look like whores.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
If thats what they believe, good for them, Id rather see a person express themselves how they want, rather than spew some sponsors crap and make themselves look like whores.

I take it that you don't like watching NASCAR. :laugh:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I believe the athletes are directing praise to God rather to themselves... at least some try... usually the athletes get most of the praise anyway.

Hey...if my sponsors are footing the bill to put me on the track/golf course/etc every weekend at little cost to myself you better believe i am going to plug them as much as humanly possible.

Sure they are making money off my name, but they are still helping me. Whats so wrong with being appreciative?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Under his eyes is Phil 4:13:

Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me."

Yes team mates, practice, hard work, dedication, etc, make him great. But it all starts with God. I venture to guess that he believes that regardless of his work, if he didn't have Christ he would be nothing. It's his inspiration and what drives him, so I tip my hat to him.

Exactly. Thank you for putting it in context and so succinctly. I agree with your assessment and opinion.

He has a right to say what he wants. You have a right to turn it off, watch it and be annoyed, or whatever.

Please think twice before advocating infringements on free speech, especially if the only thing at stake is your annoyance.

"They came for the retarded, and I said nothing, because I wasn't retarded"
"They came for the Jews, and I said nothing, because I wasn't a Jew"
"Then, they came for me, and no one said anything, because they weren't me."

🔥 Latest posts