• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I saw you but you didnt see me

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
For all who Know Motorcycle Riders, or are one.

I saw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line. But, you didn't see me; put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you, pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you; change your mind about going into the restaurant.
But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you, roll up your window and shake your head when I drove by. But, you didn't see me, driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you, frown at me when I smiled at your children.
But, you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you, stare at my long hair. But, you didn't see me, and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you, roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves.
But, you didn't see me, and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none.

I saw you, look in fright at my tattoos.
But, you didn't see me, cry as my children where born and have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you, change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
But, you didn't see me, going home to be with my family.

I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
But, you didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.
But, you didn't see me, pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me.

I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road. But, you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you, race down the road in the rain.
But, you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you, run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.

But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.

I saw you, cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
But, you didn't see me, leave the road.

I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
But, you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you, go home to your family. But, you didn't see me.
Because, I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family.
But, you didn't see me.

Send this around in hopes that people will understand the biker community.

If you don't repost this, It sucks to be you. I hope you never lose someone that rides.

OP
Bakemono36

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Our Society

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1956 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1956 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1956 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1956 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1956 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1956 : Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006 : Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed .

1956 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1956 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.
-----------------------------------

Is something wrong here????

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
the only one that I think has changed for the better is the gun one. Guns have no place in schools. And I agree that kids and teenagers are babied way to much these days. And that should mean something coming from me considering I fit in to the teenager cattegory

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Good stuff Bake. So true about the Biker angle. Yes, some Gang Bikers are ruthless criminals who would cut your nuts off and burn your children for a buck.

But many, many more are generous, charitable, and upstanding individuals.

Some day humans may learn to abandon stereotyping as a way of life.

OP
Bakemono36

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Good stuff Bake. So true about the Biker angle. Yes, some Gang Bikers are ruthless criminals who would cut your nuts off and burn your children for a buck.

But many, many more are generous, charitable, and upstanding individuals.

Some day humans may learn to abandon stereotyping as a way of life.
So true. A lot of weekend bikers do like to try to cultivate the whole, "outlaw biker" imagine though.
Although there are definetly some bikers out there whom you should fear, the vast majority of them are just regular people who like to get out and play, "outlaw biker" on the weekends.
Ive got a few biker friends and Ive been at parties they've had where all their biker buddies have shown up and Ive found them all to be pretty cool people who are just like you and I. You just gotta get past the long hair, the leather and the tattoos to see that.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
So true. A lot of weekend bikers do like to try to cultivate the whole, "outlaw biker" imagine though.
Although there are definetly some bikers out there whom you should fear, the vast majority of them are just regular people who like to get out and play, "outlaw biker" on the weekends.
Ive got a few biker friends and Ive been at parties they've had where all their biker buddies have shown up and Ive found them all to be pretty cool people who are just like you and I. You just gotta get past the long hair, the leather and the tattoos to see that.
It's like anything else. Look past the color of the skin, past someone's age and economic status, past the length of someone's hair, the color of their hair, or the clothes they wear, and you will see that there are good people and bad people in the world.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
the only one that I think has changed for the better is the gun one. Guns have no place in schools. And I agree that kids and teenagers are babied way to much these days. And that should mean something coming from me considering I fit in to the teenager cattegory
How many school shootings were there when people didnt see a person with a gun as a criminal? Almost none.

How many mass shootings do you see at gun stores/shows/events? Guns /= Violence

How many shootings do you see in "gun free" zones??? almost all of them...and actually off the top of my head i cant think of ANY mass shootings that have happend outside of a "gun free" zone(although i am sure there have been some).

You logic is fataly flawed my friend.

On the biker thing, i agree, people are so wraped up in their own lives they cant stop and see anything outside of what their pre-conceived notions are telling them. Sad really. An open mind can bring so much more happiness to life.

Teenagers today have so much money/cars/etc given to them they have no idea what a dollar stands for or how to manage money or respect what they have. "Oh daddy...i wrecked the car last night because i was putting on my makeup on my way to take your boat out on the lake with my friends so we could drink the alcohol you bought us...can i take your other car tonight?"

Effin pathetic...i knew kids in highschool that wrecked 3 brand new cars, and they never paid a cent on any of them. And then they BITCH about their father NOT buying them another one????? WTMF...get a grip on reality...dang.

Respect, respect rescpect. That is the one thing i am going to focus on instilling in my children. Everything in this life is better with respect. I dont care if you have all the money in the world, without respect you are nothing, and the only way to get respect is to give respect.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Respect, respect rescpect. That is the one thing i am going to focus on instilling in my children. Everything in this life is better with respect. I dont care if you have all the money in the world, without respect you are nothing, and the only way to get respect is to give respect.
Well, you better get ready to do some home schooling. Because the public schools these days are like the wild wild west. And if parents think they can counteract 8 hours a day of juvenile "group think" with an hour at the dinner table, they are badly mistaken.

The biggest mistakes we've made as a culture in the last 30 years are in how we teach our children.

Irish

May 9, 2007
How many school shootings were there when people didnt see a person with a gun as a criminal? Almost none.

How many shootings do you see in "gun free" zones??? almost all of them...and actually off the top of my head i cant think of ANY mass shootings that have happend outside of a "gun free" zone(although i am sure there have been some).

lets not start this again...which country leads all countries in mass shootings...

q.e.d

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
lets not start this again...which country leads all countries in mass shootings...

q.e.d
Which country leads the world in mass shootings? Maybe Darfur? Too bad the citizens there don't have a 2nd amendment, and a society that prides itself on individual freedom.

q.e.d.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, you better get ready to do some home schooling. Because the public schools these days are like the wild wild west. And if parents think they can counteract 8 hours a day of juvenile "group think" with an hour at the dinner table, they are badly mistaken.

The biggest mistakes we've made as a culture in the last 30 years are in how we teach our children.
I agree, its a big task, but i am keeping my children OUT of big schools. Anything beyond 100 kids/grade is too big for me. Smaller schools still have a "handle" on things.

I also believe respect is taught/understood before school ever starts, and if they grow up with it from the begining its the norm and is expected of them. Dis-respect will not be tolerated and there are always swift concequences and she knows the line already.

I know i have alot to learn as this is my first kid but i was a kid not too long ago and can still remember what worked and what didnt.

I wil do my best, but ultamately its going to be her choice wether or not to follow my lead. She has to live her life and make her own choices, and eventually i have to let her go, all i can do is try to set the best example i possibly can.

Irish

May 9, 2007
Which country leads the world in mass shootings? Maybe Darfur? Too bad the citizens there don't have a 2nd amendment, and a society that prides itself on individual freedom.

q.e.d.

touche..(except darfur isn't a country

I'll amend my statement to which country not in the mist of a civil war etc etc...

OP
Bakemono36

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I also believe respect is taught/understood before school ever starts, and if they grow up with it from the begining its the norm and is expected of them. Dis-respect will not be tolerated and there are always swift concequences and she knows the line already.
Amen to that. You cant expect the schools to teach these kids everything, the parents gotta do their part too.
My parents were pretty strict and taught my brother and I respect at a pretty young age. We didnt dare talk back or disobey because we both knew what our father would do.
I compare that to the upbringing that some of my friends and girlfriend had where they could pretty much run around and do whatever they wanted and grew up to have no respect for anyone and no dicipline (and in many cases ended up as drunks and/or drug addicts who cant seem to hold down a job for more than 6 months) and I think my parents had the right idea.
You know, my parents didnt buy me a car when I was 16. I got a part-time job and I bought it with my own money. I'll tell you what, when you buy something with your own money, you have a lot more respect for it. My family life and my childhood sure wasnt perfect (whose is?), but one thing my parents definetly taught me is a good work ethic, dicipline and the value of a dollar.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
eclarke53520 said:

I can see your point, but I guess just growing up in a country where every where is a gun free zone, (well almost). I guess that I just have a different perspective than you.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
touche..(except darfur isn't a country

I'll amend my statement to which country not in the mist of a civil war etc etc...
True enough, but the point was made.

I don't want to get into the gun debate either. Suffice to say that I believe that the right to protect oneself from any threat, internal or external, is fundamental to the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Gun violence is a problem, although it isn't nearly as big a problem as those who would villify guns make it out to be. If you could somehow "un-invent" them, then there would be no need for these discussions - but you can't. My belief is that it is the criminal that must be controlled, not the gun.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online