• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I see London, I see France!

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I see regionals in my future! Yesterday I shot a 44 and stayed 8th on a list of ten to make regionals. Today I shot a 40. I'll see the full conference standings in the morning, but I'm sure today's score will help. One more 9 hole match and one 18 hole match. I gotta keep it up!

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Keep it up, man. Good luck to you.

My school's team will get annihilated this year. I'm sick of the course, coach, and players and didn't even try out, there're only two seniors, one decent junior who can keep up with the seniors, and the other twelve suck. :) One of the seniors could go to state as an individual but that's as far as the team will go...

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Keep it up, man. Good luck to you.

My school's team will get annihilated this year. I'm sick of the course, coach, and players and didn't even try out, there're only two seniors, one decent junior who can keep up with the seniors, and the other twelve suck. :) One of the seniors could go to state as an individual but that's as far as the team will go...

Man, that sucks. I hate my course too, but I LOVE my coach and teammates. All we do is joke an have a great time.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Man, that sucks. I hate my course too, but I LOVE my coach and teammates. All we do is joke an have a great time.

I am good friends with both the seniors on the team, but other than that we don't really 'fit in' as the rest of the team lives for getting drunk on friday nights... We also purchased all our own clubs versus daddy buying top of the line (daddy also buys replacements when clubs impact trees, tee markers, and the ground). Just didn't feel any 'camaraderie' on the team.

And don't even get me started on the coach. He doesn't coach, i.e. "Your backswing is too far to the inside, reroute it more to the outside" "I'm not gonna worry about it, I'm hitting fine..." "Who's the coach?" Screwed up my swing for about two weeks, and coach was curious why I chopped it up in two tourneys during that period. The assistant coach took pity and straightened me out after that, though. He stopped this year as well, so there is no assistant at the moment, or I'd probably be playing.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
Glad to hear thinks are going good. i wish i would have played on my HS team :(

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Where do you practice?

A POS course in Redneckory, NC.

UPDATE: I am now 3rd on the list of 10 to make regionals. One of my other teamates is 2nd, and one is 8th. As long as I don't go over about 43 or so on my next 9 hole match, or over 90 on our 18 hole tourney, I'm golden for regionals.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Way to go man, that's really cool.

Although I'm a bit disappointed by the thread title, as I was hoping for some hot LPGA chick with her underwear showing.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Good stuff Hok. Keep it up.

Brandon, here you go:

20080616175240.jpg

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Bad news - only the top FOUR individuals make regionals, not ten. I'm third. I need to buckle down.

Members online

No members online now.