• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I SUCK!

PMay

Jul 7, 2009
Bloomington Indiana
Country
United States United States
Ever since the season started i have gotten progressively worse. I now feel acomplished when i walk away with bogey on a hole. I though i was climbing out of the cellar the other day was only 3 over after 4 but then all went down hill quick had a few bad holes and that was that. For those of you that dont know me my goal is to get down to 45 by the end of the year but im currently around 53 on my best day ( carded a 60 yesterday):mad:. I played well all day the other day on a practice round but on my last whole i started shanking every iron shot and i have no clue why. It has carried over the whole week and now im starting to get pissed and its affecting my game. Any tips out there are much appreciated help please! p.s. my lowest score is 47 end rant.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Okay then, I think I know just whay you need. Drive to your local golf shop. When you get there, keep going until you reach the nearest liquor store. Buy at least a 5th of Bourbon and get rip roaring drunk tonight. In the morning you'll be so hung over you won't be worried about what you shoot. :D

Of course, this is all contingent on you being the legal drinking age, ;)

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Pmay,

Obviously you are going thru mechanical issues that can or could have already got into your head.

When our kids/customers go thru this phase, theres an almost sure fire way to "cleanse yourself" of these newly acquired habits.

When addressing the ball, keep your feet together and just swing at the ball using your arms to begin the downswing.

By doing this you will be forsing a natural motion, and find that the momentum created by your arms first, will carry you thru a nice follow thru.....do this for a few balls...and as you gain comfort thru recognition, gradually spread your feet apart.

It is not uncommon to see many people here golf like this for days and weeks...you ill be amazed at how smooth our swing will become, how accurate and learn that swinging smoothly does not mean hitting short.

Try it, and report back.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Ever since the season started i have gotten progressively worse. I now feel acomplished when i walk away with bogey on a hole. I though i was climbing out of the cellar the other day was only 3 over after 4 but then all went down hill quick had a few bad holes and that was that. For those of you that dont know me my goal is to get down to 45 by the end of the year but im currently around 53 on my best day ( carded a 60 yesterday):mad:. I played well all day the other day on a practice round but on my last whole i started shanking every iron shot and i have no clue why. It has carried over the whole week and now im starting to get pissed and its affecting my game. Any tips out there are much appreciated help please! p.s. my lowest score is 47 end rant.

Dude, you and I need to golfing together. I have a mental glitch causing me to do stupid shit on the course (mostly with irons). I go to the range with a small bucket after a round and walla... I hit beautiful iron shots. I need to transfer that in the worst way cause as you say... it's getting me angry.

OP
PMay

PMay

Jul 7, 2009
Bloomington Indiana
Country
I appreciate all the help and i will definitely try to keep my feet together and see what happens. Today i hit the ball straight but everything was fat. The course was extremely wet though. So idk. And as for the bourbon im 18 so give me a few years. LOL. And nu your from Illinois right? Im from indiana we could play sometime perhaps!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You should be hitting the ball first. Wet courses = bigger divots, but not a change in ball flight or contact! Play the ball back a little in your stance and drag the club through the ball.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
...WE ALL SUCK FROM TIME TO TIME....Sometimes we hit'em good, and sometimes we dont

I need to stop focusing and the bad, and focus on the good shots....if you're like me, its hard to forget a bad shot, and then that carries over to the next shot...next thing you know, double bogey or worse.......

I try to forget about one bad shot, because the next shot might be a thing of beauty! Even if you have a bad drive, you're next shot might be great.

confidence is 40% of golf!
60% is skill
and 10% is luck

🔥 Latest posts