• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I swear this game can make you crazy!!!

JasonM

May 27, 2007
So I just got back from the course where I was playing with 2 buddys. 15'th hole is a 297 yard par 4, downhill it plays like 275. I hit my driver to literilly 5 feet, easy eagle putt right? I missed the F***ING putt grrr (Only made 1 eagle before) . This game has NO mercy!!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
What if you had four putted for a bogey?

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
It is a crazy game, playing with one of my buddies today, I missed a seven footer for eagle, yet hit a 157 yard approach shot that took one bounce and in the cup. It will even out at some point.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Last hole of league tonight was a par 5. Hit a decent drive but "just" plopped in water on the right. Took a stroke to come out and hit my 3-wood ON the green. I'm putting for birdie after dumping one in the water. What did I do? 3-putted. Argh!! :D

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
I like my rounds where I hit 16 of 18 greens, two 3 putts and a +2 round lol I have quite the collection of putters being banished in my barn.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Back when I was in college I used to play with another guy from school all the time at a local muni that was fairly short but testy. We were evenly matched and played straight up match play all the time.

One time we were all even coming to 18, a short par 4 about 360 yds with a slight dogleg left. I hit my drive a little thin but in the middle of the fairway. He saw an opening and smoked a draw around the corner and had an easy wedge to the green. I was about 150 out and hit a 7 iron dead on the pin. It one hopped into the hole and he just looked at me and shook his head.

So then he hits his wedge dead on the stick to about 3 ft. below the hole. The whole way it looked right on the pin. I was pretty sure he was a lock for birdie. When he hit his putt, it looked in until about the last 6 inches then it broke a tiny bit and caught the right edge, did a 180 around the hole and lipped out.

He didn't even get mad, even though he had to buy the beer. He just looked at me and said "This is a F***ing crazy game!"

:laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Some days I wonder?

I suck at this game. I will always suck at this game. I might as well just have fun sucking at this game.

Some famous golfer said this to a pro-am amateur partner:

"You aren't good enough at this game to get angry."

I like that.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I suck at this game. I will always suck at this game. I might as well just have fun sucking at this game.

Some famous golfer said this to a pro-am amateur partner:

"You aren't good enough at this game to get angry."

I like that.

Thats funny, because is the game that hard or do I suck that bad?

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
actually, the chances of making a 5 footer are only about 50%. Maybe it'll go in next time ;). I have JasonMcIsaac's problem, hitting lots of GIR, but 3 putting. Yesterday I hit 14 GIR and 12 FW, but missed 8 putts from w/i 5 feet (4 from 2 feet) to shoot 80! The round before I shot 75 w/ 4 3-putts. As usual, my putting lets me down. One problem I have is I go back and forth between one course with Augusta-like fast greens (13 on the stimpmeter) to another that's slow with mixed bent/poa. One you have to baby your putts or they run 6 feet past the hole, the other, you have to ram into the back of the cup w/i 4 feet or they veer off line.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
actually, the chances of making a 5 footer are only about 50%. Maybe it'll go in next time ;).

If you will practice putts from 5 feet for 10 or 15 minutes a day, seeing how many in a row you can make, I bet you can get that % up to about 75 to 80.

I rarely miss from five feet and in any more. Do I miss, yes. Is it half of the time? No. More like once or twice a round.

🔥 Latest posts