• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I think I was poisoned.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Wow that sucks. Reminds me of an incident from two weeks ago, where I bought a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs from Savemart... I think the brand was sunnyside. Anyways I get home, open the package an explosion of fumes hit my nose. THat chicken was beyond spoiled. I threw up in the kitchen sink it was so bad. Good thing I didnt just throw it into the freezer.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Glad you're ok also, Rock....and glad to hear you wouldn't wish that on me!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
On Friday, I went out with the guys from work for some beers. I had two pints of my favorite brew, then came home with intentions of getting some stuff done around the house.

30 minutes after getting home, I'm puking my guts out into the toilet. I feel really, really shitty, so I decide to just soak myself in the shower. 3 minutes into the shower, I feel this inner disgust coming from my lower gut, and realize I have zero chance of making it out of the shower, so I lower my backside to the bottom of the tub and let 'er buck. Right there in the shower.

I can tell you, this is not my idea of fun. I am in serious, serious agony here. I'm literally on tap out of my anus. I've never had this happen to me in my life. The last time I threw up for any reason, I was 14, and i've had my share of diarreha like anyone else, but NOTHING like this.

After 6 more hours of sweating my ass off and in complete discomfort, I fall sleep. I wake up 10 hours later feeling great.

WTF is that all about?

All jokes aside, that was the strangest most helpless feeling I have ever had. It's like my body would not listen to the instructions my brain was giving it. I don't ever want to feel that again or wish it on anyone.

R35

Was that "Canadian" beer you were drinking? :D

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Must make a mental note: If you ever pass though Regina and spend an evening at Rock's, USE THE GUEST ROOM SHOWER. :laugh:

Also, do not borrow his Grip Dry tool no matter how cool it looks, you do not know where it has been. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Must make a mental note: If you ever pass though Regina and spend an evening at Rock's, USE THE GUEST ROOM SHOWER. :laugh:

Also, do not borrow his Grip Dry tool no matter how cool it looks, you do not know where it has been. :D

We only have the one shower.

But we have a pond. The pond would be good for you. :D

At the temperature that was coming out of my ass, I guarantee that the shower was cleaner after the incident.

Wow, that was terrible.

That Grip Dry went into the garbage instantly. I don't know where you've been, let alone it. LOL. ;)

R35

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Sounds like you were poisoned as well. That sucks. Some of the symptoms of OP poisoning (this is what I read - perhaps Zaphod can chime in here) are rapid onset of nausea, vomiting, and sometimes fecal incontinence. Profuse sweating is another symptom. Thank God I didn't experience the diarrhea - sorry you did.

Just a quick note. those listed symptoms are for an ACUTE poisoning episode with a good slug of loading dosage. Not from residual residue maybe left after a sensible application of pesticide for insect control. Many many times that residual concentration. So indeed a acute event like described would have to be huge over site or deliberate event planned by the producer of the product.

The only case I know of where a acute "accidental" poisoning was documented with unknowing customers ingesting a tainted product was in California. Watermelons grown in Dade County were treated with Aldicarb (Temik--a systemic insecticide) which was COMPLETELY FORBIDDEN by the EPA and Union Carbide the manufacturer. The result was these melons were consumed with several people hospitalized. The farm manager was driven by a profits to go off label and did raise the yield off the tainted melons but ----.

Many pesticides Labels now exclude Dade County for usage due to the number of absentee farm owners and this history.

Most pesticide issues are involved with chronic non acute ingestion. That is where the symptoms and the consequences have generated conflicting opinions. Depends on which side of the stick you are on and what science you are willing to embrace.

Food poisoning--a bacterial issue is a bummer also. Salmonella generated poisoning takes about 24 hours after a loading dose but the next 24-48 hours are horrible. I got it from Easter Eggs. Visited the bathroom on very regular basis ( You could set your watch by it) not knowing which end of my body to worship the PORCELAIN GOD with.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i took my mother out for Chinese at lunch Sat. since i hadnt seen her since X-Mas.Sunday i couldnt get 30' from the toilet.slept all day long.well when i wasnt on the can.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Just a quick note. those listed symptoms are for an ACUTE poisoning episode with a good slug of loading dosage. Not from residual residue maybe left after a sensible application of pesticide for insect control.
So you're saying that I had a pretty healthy dose? Enough to cause the acute symptoms I experienced? Who should I call to have the stuff tested? Department of Agriculture? FDA?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
If you still have the tea contact your local University Extension service. Here in Wisconsin they are called our University of Wisconsin County Extension Agents. Part of the Federal Land Grant College System set up by President Abraham Lincoln. Yes he did something other than deal with the Civil War. They will steer you in the right direction.

Can not tell you what it tastes like as there are many OP pesticides and my brains are addled enough already--thank you. But I'm guessing they taste like pepperoni pizza--why not???

Anyway hope this helps

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
3 minutes into the shower, I feel this inner disgust coming from my lower gut, and realize I have zero chance of making it out of the shower, so I lower my backside to the bottom of the tub and let 'er buck. Right there in the shower.

I trust you did a handstand in the shower afterwards? Maybe you are allergic to beer? I suggest a sideways move to Bacardi Breezers for a while.

🔥 Latest posts