• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I want one...Cobra Speed Pro S with By You shaft

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I got the opportunity last night to test drive a 9.5 Cobra Speed Pro S with a "By You" Aldila shaft in stiff.

POW!! (as the infomercials would say) :laugh:

Only hit it 9 times, but hit 3 of the longest and straightest drives in a long long time, this thing is a cannon! I was worried that the shaft would be too stiff, but it felt just nice. The head felt quite forgiving on a few of my off centre hits.

It belongs to a pro I know and he wants it back today. I would love to have had it longer to give it a full test drive, but it is the business. Quite expensive right now, but I expect the price to come down. I'm going to have to do some research on this shaft, it is an awesome piece of nano-technology!

Interestingly the pro perviously had a 905R with a V2. He reckons that the "by you" is not as stiff as the V2 and that the club is 100% easier to hit. He almost did a Rockford "the thing hits itself 280 each time down the pipe!!".

I have got a few of his "hand me downs" over the years. He is a similar size and swing to me so I know his clubs are a good match for me. (OK, he is obviously better!!! :laugh: )

I also demo'ed (from the same dude) the Titleist 585H 19 degree hybrid with an NV shaft. Very nice indeed, hits it higher and feels nicer off the face than my Sonartec md. It's a serious contender for my next 'ho. That or a J33 bridgestone.

Should have my Limey TEE combo by the w/e, looking forward to hitting that sucka as well.

Ah, this obsession with golf equipment will have to stop!:)

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Buy (you :D) it. You can contribute it to your success in the qualifying and then matchplay stages, dude ;) :)

Was up / across / down there yesters. Cutler, Eamo & myself went. Great track. Played almost the full 7,300 yards and it can get to be a slog in parts. Wasn't very much wind about, so can imagine it to be a nightmare at times.

Greens much better than they look at deceptively quick, so reckon they will have them running pretty damn fast come the time of qualifying.

Reckon we can do well. Just break 80 and I think we should sail through. Shouldn't be a problem to you if you can continue playing the way you are.

A few "hopefulls" are making their way down this week. If you want to head down, please let me know and I can sort with office/Sandy Hills. Suppose Dan & Martin O'Kane may also want to get down soon enough. Please give either Adrian or myself your completed cards :)

One more thing: Have you any space in the motor for Monday morning to B/shaft...?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
From what I found on the Cobra site that shaft isn't an option so you'd have to fork out another $150 or so. :)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
From what I found on the Cobra site that shaft isn't an option so you'd have to fork out another $150 or so. :)

It is & it isn't there are 2 versions of the new Cobra pro. ;)

Pro S;- is fitted with the Speeder and has a low (face) profile. I've demo'd this one but don't like the speeder shafts so didn't get on well with it but it does look very sweet.

Cobra Golf

Pro D;- is fitted with the Aldila VS and has a deeper (face) Profile more pear shaped. I've not seen this one in the flesh but this IS the one I wanted to demo.

Cobra Golf

I've always liked Cobra drivers but they took a backwards step from the SZ's to the original Speed series, imo. These 2 new drivers look the Dogs Bollox again now though.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I see they've got a yellow VS Proto in the deep face but didn't IG hit the shallow face with the VS Proto? I see no VS Proto option for that club. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I also demo'ed (from the same dude) the Titleist 585H 19 degree hybrid with an NV shaft. Very nice indeed, hits it higher and feels nicer off the face than my Sonartec md. It's a serious contender for my next 'ho. That or a J33 bridgestone.
:)

I've seen you hit the J33... you might want to reconsider :)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
On evidence presented I probably hit the D, I didn't make the distinction. It is a bloody cannon though!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've seen you hit the J33... you might want to reconsider :)

I forgot I did actually hit your j33 didn't I. I wasn't really swinging it that day from memory. Have you tried anything as good? That Titty is no'ice!

I fight a hook, so not interested in hook machines...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You work hard for your money, you deserve it.
icon10.gif

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I forgot I did actually hit your j33 didn't I. I wasn't really swinging it that day from memory. Have you tried anything as good? That Titty is no'ice!

I fight a hook, so not interested in hook machines...

Get the J33, you won't hook it, I guarantee it. Do not get the new one with the VS Proto. That 85 gram shaft is like crazy. Look for the older model with the 85 gram NV. They are about 90-100 USD new

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.