• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I was put in my place today.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
You have to be careful with launch monitor results as the conditions can be changed. I have not worked directly on setting up a launch monitor, but like any computer program, the results can be tweeked to fit whatever variables desired.

I was playing on a golf simulator last week, and there are several variables that can be changed to limit or improve your golf ball flight. When we walked into the simulator room, the last drive was 454 yards! The guy had a few people try to top his distance and the best anyone could produce was 225 yards. After he had his chuckle, he showed us how you could adjust the simulator to supercharge your distances.

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
I was put in check also a few months ago when I went on a swing/launch montior at a clubmakers store. He was legit and made clubs for KJ Choi and Mi Hyun Kim..anyway I went on it..thinking I've gotta be at least over 100..right..nope..93-95..I'm alright with it..but whoo--wee look out when hit the 95 mph'ers.

He did give me a taip that has remained with me since and has done wonders for my driving and distance..keep your weight behing the ball at impact.

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
Last time I was in a launch bay the guy in front of me was swinging SO hard I thought he'd have to change his underwear after... His swing speed? 105...

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
The last time I was on a launch monitor I was pleased, I thought for sure my swing speed was in the mid to high 80's but found out I was for the most part swinging in the mid 90's;-):miz:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.