• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I watched it all on the radio!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
In the back-sticks here in the land of potatoes, I listened to the final day's coverage on the "wireless". At the insistence of Mrs. IG we haven't got Satellite TV and the terrestrial stations (BBC / RTE etc.) were not covering it, which was very disappointing. So I watched it on the radio. :)

BBC Radio 5 Live has a great team of commentators, including former US European Tour player, Jay Townsend. You get a real good image in your head of playing conditions, and lots of titbits of information on the playas, etc. the crowd let you know when a player has putted as to his success. The cheers or the ooohhhs and aaahhhs of a miss.

It got real interesting when Tiger stiffed his pitch at 15. Pity his putter went south on 16 and 17. Kinda let Campbell off the hook. Can't take it away from the Kiwi though, the putt on 17 was probably SotD for him.

The thing I missed most was seeing what the playas were wearing. I heard Garcia had some sort of lime expolsion going on. And I saw Campbell's Mauri gig on the USOpen site this am.

So I managed to get fairly good coverage of this year's US w/o pictures, through the newspapers, Ceefax, the web and the radio. Multimedia or what?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Yah, IG. He had some lime print shirt and white adidas shoes with matching lime print accents. I noticed it and just had to wonder how many pairs of those adidas sells, since you can only wear them with the matching adidas shirt...

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
bdcrowe said:
Yah, IG. He had some lime print shirt and white adidas shoes with matching lime print accents. I noticed it and just had to wonder how many pairs of those adidas sells, since you can only wear them with the matching adidas shirt...

Dave Ireland will get that outfit as long as you can get matching breeks.. :biglol:

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
What kind of deal must you make with Mrs. IG to get satellite?

That must be tough...although it would be interesting to listen to it.

BTW - Tiger was wearing a bright red/orange print shirt instead of his usual Sunday solid red...

And Campbell was rather sporty in the pinstripes.

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I played the par 3 course at the RTJ facility in Birmingham Sunday with my father, wife and brother for father's day. They use the GPS system on the carts. Sunday, they ran a scroll updating the leaderboard standings along the bottom of the GPS so we could follow the end of the tourney. Kind of a neat way to follow it.

BTW--My brother described Tiger's shirt as pink. Something about the way the colored stripes blended on my father's TV.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Dave Ireland will get that outfit as long as you can get matching breeks.. :biglol:

Right that's it they're goin on ebay....... pm me Kilted if ya want 1st bags on them ;) .... yer missus could rustle up a nice tam o' shnater fer ye :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Bama Duffer said:
I played the par 3 course at the RTJ facility in Birmingham Sunday with my father, wife and brother for father's day. They use the GPS system on the carts. Sunday, they ran a scroll updating the leaderboard standings along the bottom of the GPS so we could follow the end of the tourney. Kind of a neat way to follow it.

BTW--My brother described Tiger's shirt as pink. Something about the way the colored stripes blended on my father's TV.

BD: What course did you play and what condition was it in? When Ross Bridge opens in August they are going to close it down and renovate the greens and bunkers.

Round report please...

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
Well I can say I have never listened to golf on the radio. But that does sound quite interesting to hear it instead of seeing it. I don't think they even had it on the radios around here.

Members online

No members online now.