• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I won my 1st tourney today!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
:D

I came in 1st in B flight of the Augusta chapter of the Amateur Golf Tour today at the River Golf Club in North Augusta. It's a Jim Fazio course with tons of water and swamp.

I shot an 81. Last Sunday on the same track I shot a 92. :) And I did it playing the Maxfli Tour Fire ball.

Chipped in for birdie on the last hole to win by 1 shot. :biglol:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Outstanding, way to go!

How many times did you use the driver off the tee?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I used driver off of 12 tees. On one par 4 I used 3 wood and hooked the shot out of it into the trees, but got it up and down for par. :D On #16 I used 5 wood because it has a swamp in front of the green. Hit that one perfect.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
You 'ol sandbagger! :D

Congratulations!

:beach3:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Next time out I'm likely to shoot a 106. :)

The real pisser is that this 81 was almost a 76-78. After birdieing the 1st, I put my teeshot on #2 OB for a double. :D Then I made a triple on #6 with a pushed drive, chunked 7 iron, and a dribbled wedge.

I'm getting greedy. :D

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's more like it man, way to go. Gotta love chip ins, I think they are the most exiting next to a hole out.
icon14.gif

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I'm glad you're enjoying playing those AGT events. Unfortunately, I've had to skip this year here (Down East NC) because of $$$ needing to be spent elsewhere. I am playing al ot of golf but it is at my club where I can walk. I'm going to do my best to play again next year.

Good luck in your future events. Once I won one, I was on a roll and finished out the year First, second, third, second, first.

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
Is this the golf channel thing? I was wondering how it works do you get golf carts or a caddie?

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Don't hate on the sandbagging.

Someone from the Bay Area should be familiar with "Just win baby"...

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Oh my. Did you know that if you chipped in for birdie you would win by 1 stroke? had to be exciting! Way to go!

🔥 Latest posts