• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I won my 1st tourney today!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Congrats, Doc!:)

We will all be able to say, "We knew him when he was hittings consecutive 106's" when you show up on TV. :D

Great chip in, and great round.:thumbs up:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Another tournament victory for the 905R :D

BTW - 81 is not a sandbagging round. That's about what the B flighters shoot to win the CC at my club.

Great round Doc!

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
BTW - 81 is not a sandbagging round. That's about what the B flighters shoot to win the CC at my club.

Yes, but it's a little suspicious when you've got a 26 index. :D

:laugh:

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
:D

I came in 1st in B flight of the Augusta chapter of the Amateur Golf Tour today at the River Golf Club in North Augusta. It's a Jim Fazio course with tons of water and swamp.

I shot an 81. Last Sunday on the same track I shot a 92. :) And I did it playing the Maxfli Tour Fire ball.

Chipped in for birdie on the last hole to win by 1 shot. :biglol:

Was it a tourney for ages 12 and under?...:laugh:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
This tour is the poorer cousin of The Golf Channel Tour, but the tournements are only about 1/2 the price. The nearest TGC Tour to me is Atlanta which is too far I think. :( The Augusta AGT just started this year, so we are small compared to some of the other chapters.

Amateur Golf Tour

Oh my. Did you know that if you chipped in for birdie you would win by 1 stroke? had to be exciting! Way to go!

I knew it was close, as I had Frank by 2 shots at the turn, but then he started shooting at the pins on the back to take the lead. I had a 6 foot birdie putt on #16 that missed by 1", and Frank put his ball in the hazard, but found it, hit it up and made bogey. We both parred #17. At that point I had not added up the scores, but I guessed he had me by 1 or 2.

Funny thing is, a guy from the Columbia tour had come down to play in B flight and we didn't know about it as they had put him with another grouping. It wasn't until the scores were posted that we saw his name, and we were like WTF? He and Frank tied for 2nd.

As far as scoring goes, I have seen some flighted tourneys where the B flight winner was 75-77. It can happen, but it is kind of suspicious, isn't it? For myself, I can't wait until I can move up to A flight, even if I never win again.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Do you guys play the back tees? Do you get a practice round?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Nice work my friend, now what did you win and how are you going to share it here with all your friends?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
So....getting laid has helped your game! You need to have a chat with Tiger...:laugh:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Do you guys play the back tees? Do you get a practice round?

Champ flight normally plays the blues. The rest of us play the whites, except the ladies play the reds.

Most of us guys in B flight are seniors, so the blues would be a challenge for us, especially on a course like the River, where there are a lot of forced carries over swamp.

Practice rounds are up to the players. The courses we play on are semi-private, so if you want to pay, you can play. I played this course last Sunday.
In 2 weeks, we will play at Mt. Vintage, which I have never played because it is so darn expensive.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Nice work my friend, now what did you win and how are you going to share it here with all your friends?

I won an engraved glass trophy and $40 in gift certificates to Bonaventure Golf. I have $60 in previous winnings so I may take all $100 and buy a couple of shirts.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
So....getting laid has helped your game! You need to have a chat with Tiger...:laugh:

What helped was only hitting 2 bad drives instead of 10. :D

This 905R is a good stick, but it doesn't always go straight. When I hit that big hook OB on the 2nd hole, I almost pissed myself. Then on #6, I flared one out to the right and left myself no shot. Dumb. All of my other drives were playable.

Also my putting has improved since I started getting my head in the right position over the ball.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
What helped was only hitting 2 bad drives instead of 10. :D

This 905R is a good stick, but it doesn't always go straight. When I hit that big hook OB on the 2nd hole, I almost pissed myself. Then on #6, I flared one out to the right and left myself no shot. Dumb. All of my other drives were playable.

Also my putting has improved since I started getting my head in the right position over the ball.

Congrats on your first win, and a great score.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
My one and only golf trophy and winning ball. :D
River 2007.JPG

🔥 Latest posts