• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I wonder...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
...if Tiger watched the Ryder Cup at all? OK, so he's injured, but you think he could have still played a role with the team? Vice Captain, Mentor? You would think that at some point he will be a Captain, this would have been an excellent opportunity to bond with players, learn the ropes. McGinley has been vice captain, and has captained 2 Seve Trophy teams so he has had some good experience with all this.

Anyway I wonder what yacht or mansion Tiger was in over the weekend, did he watch it, tape it? Or did he even care?

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You wonder too much bro...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I agree IG. It may be a different sport but I remember McEnroe at his peak and his devotion to the USA Davis Cup team. That's the benchmark.

Even Sergio had a sideline role in the last Ryder Cup (when he wasn't playing well).

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I'm a big fan of Tiger but he wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference, imo. He's just not a unifying factor. I don't think he would've rallied the team together...and that's one area the US team lacked.

🔥 Latest posts