• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ian Poulter: It's me and Tiger Woods - Lmao

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Ian Poulter has stunned his fellow pros by claiming when he plays to his full potential "it will be just me and Tiger" at the top of world golf.

The Woburn-based star, 32, has never been short of confidence but he has not won a Major or a US Tour event and failed to get on the last Ryder Cup team.

But the World No.22 - the fourth ranked Englishman - reckons only himself and Woods will soon be competing for the big titles in the game.

"I just don't rate anyone else," he told Golf World magazine. "I really respect everyone who is a professional golfer. But I know I haven't played to my full potential yet. And, when that happens, it will just be me and Tiger."

His statement caused amazement at the Dubai Desert Classic this week where both Poulter and Woods are competing.

One ex-pro said: "All the boys are talking about walking off the range and leaving just the two of them there when Tiger comes out tomorrow."

Teenager Rory McIlroy believes Woods can be toppled the same way tennis's young guns have hunted down Roger Federer. The Irishman saw Novak Djokovic topple the previously invincible Federer at the Australian Open and said: "Maybe the same can happen in golf."

I can assure you that Mcilroy has more chance of hanging with Tiger than Poulter ever does. The guy is just a bit over confident.

Source: Ian Poulter: It's me and Tiger Woods - Mirror.co.uk

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Its not possible to be over-confident, a total and utter impossibility, you are either confident or you aren't. It may annoy you, but the over confidence is only perceived by those who like these guys to fail, such as Rory S and Poulter.

Good on him I say, so many players are seemingly beat before they even start when Tiger is playing, and I also happen to agree that Poulter is a bloody good player.

If over-confidence spills over into taking risks thats a different matter.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I'd love to see Woods, Poulter, and McIlroy in the final group on the final day in Europe, all 3 playing their best round. That would go down as one of the greats!

I'm not convinced Woods would win the round....

I agree with Dave's comments here and on other threads. Players should respect Tiger's game, but they need to be stepping up and playing with the attitude's expressed lately by both Rory's and Ian. Even if they're wrong, at least they're on the right track. I don't like Rory S, but I respect the fact that he's got it in him to believe he's as good as the best.

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
I'd love to see Woods, Poulter, and McIlroy in the final group on the final day in Europe, all 3 playing their best round. That would go down as one of the greats!

I'm not convinced Woods would win the round....

If he was playing his best round as you say? Sorry but I cannot agree with that. At his best Tiger is just too damn good for anyone the beat. At his worst he will still grind out a win on you!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I don't believe Tiger to be unbeatable (no one is). He's been beat before, he'll be beat again. Plus, all courses do not suit him like Torrey Pines. Put him on a course he's not as suited for, put some truly talented young guns against him with a "nothing to lose" attitude, I think he loses.

At worst, we watch some amazing golf.

Just my opinion.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Tiger at his best on a neutral course vs any other golfer at his best on the same neutral course is Tiger every time. However, golf isn't just a game of "bests". Tiger is human (at least party), so he's capable of making some mistakes. He doesn't make many, and that's the difference between good golfers and GREAT golfers. Tiger's "mistakes" are rare. A young gun that comes out hitting perfect shots has a fine chance of beating him. That just doesn't happen often.

Think of basketball... even a lousy college team that miraculously shoots 85% from the field WILL beat the #1 team in the country. Flukes happen.

Tiger will have the best chance of winning every tournament he enters for the next few years I think. That being said, I don't expect him to win them all. I DO expect him to win many.

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
Go Poults', he rocks :D

Got to love that bloke. Talent, character and a wicked fashion sense. Golf would be much worse off without him.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I love their trash talk...Golf trash talk...Now thats funny.

🔥 Latest posts