• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ian Poulter vs Marshall controversy

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
There’s been a controversial incident at the Scottish Open between Ian Pouter and a Marshall.

News article here: Ian Poulter branded 'an a---hole' by Scottish Open golf volunteer marshal Quintin Jardine after ball row

Marshall’s blog here: Ian Poulter is an arsehole

Now Pouter’s reply:
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1531686157.233119.jpg

Reading both accounts I think they both have blood on their hands.

On Poulter’s instagram post there were commenters who said they were present and it wasn’t what he said but how he said it. Similarly, the Marshall’s expletive laden complaint reeks of smugness.

I haven’t seen any footage of it. Comments?

Last edited:

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
There’s been a controversial incident at the Scottish Open between Ian Pouter and a Marshall.

News article here: Ian Poulter branded 'an a---hole' by Scottish Open golf volunteer marshal Quintin Jardine after ball row

Now Pouter’s reply:
View attachment 30446

On Poulter’s instagram post there were commenters who said they were present and it wasn’t what he said but how he said it. Similarly, the Marshall’s expletive laden complaint reeks of smugness.

Sounds like it’s up to interpretation but ultimately they both could have behaved better. Maybe.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country

Now Pouter’s reply:
View attachment 30446

Dont like him, never liked him, hope he shoots a 91 in all his Ryder Cup matches, and steps in dog S on 18 that ends up in the trunk of his car

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
drama........................:rolleyes:

It's not a Marshall's responsibility to find errant shots, right?
I don't know about the Scottish Open but on the PGA Tour one of a marshal's duties is to locate and protect errant golf balls.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I really wish I had a slot in the Open Championship Challenge for Poulter! The marshal/forecaddie needed to do his job. Evidently, he either had some previous angst against Poulter or was just had an arrogance where he thought himself above doing his job. Poulter knew the rule. The marshal/forecaddie was NOT a Rules Official. Hoping this fires up Poulter and he wins The Open Championship going away!!

🔥 Latest posts