• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Idiosyncracies? OCD??

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What are yours? Not particularly with golf, but it very well could be...

Personally, i HAVE to have the toothpaste tube squished from the bottom...if someone squishes it from the middle it DRIVES ME NUTS and i have to fix it immediatly

I HAVE to let a cold vehicle come downout of the high idle before i put it in gear

Pop or water bottle caps go on all the way between EVERY drink

Pop is POP NOT SODA...soda is for baking

Left front pocket is Keys, right front is cell phone and my pocket knife clipped to the side, right rear is my wallet...that way i can pat three times and be out the door knowing i have everything i need for the day.

Getting on my bike i put my jacket on, zip it, unzip left pocket get out ear plugs, put them in, zip left pocket, unzip right pocket put wallet in, zip right pocket, helmet on, strap it, get key out putit in ignition, left glove, right glove

If i dont follow this exact procedure one of the following happens: i forget to zip my coat, put ear plugs in, strap helmet(very bad), forget to get key out of pocket and have to take a glove off

Also, every time i take off i have to check my rear seat to make sure its locked into place...not sure why as i have never had it fly off...

thats all i can think of ATM

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Definitely the pocket thing:

Right front gets keys. Right rear gets clip-on knife. Right side belt gets cell phone. Left rear gets wallet. Nothing goes in left front unless I'm carrying a cigar in a tube, along with cutter and lighter.

I hang all my T-shirts. Can't stand a wrinkled T-shirt.

Nothing else I can think of, other than golf stuff: Every club in its proper place. Two towels on bag. Tees in right front pocket, along with one extra ball. Divot tool in the right rear pocket. Nothing in the left front pocket - ever. Long pants on the course - always, even in the middle of a Florida summer. Even at the range.

That's all I can think of right now.

Bossman641

Jan 10, 2007
Right front pocket is for a tee and a coin. Left front pocket is for ball mark fixer.

For my non-golf OCD, you know the rings on milk cartons from when you open them? I have to take them off and throw them away. it just bothers me to see them on. Milk, orange juice, whatever. They are removed.

Also, for toilet paper, I always put it on so that it rolls over the top side, not from the bottom.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Right front pocket is for a tee and a coin. Left front pocket is for ball mark fixer.

For my non-golf OCD, you know the rings on milk cartons from when you open them? I have to take them off and throw them away. it just bothers me to see them on. Milk, orange juice, whatever. They are removed.

Also, for toilet paper, I always put it on so that it rolls over the top side, not from the bottom.
+1 for the milk rings...drives me nuts because at the end they will fall into the glass...

Same for Twist ties on bread...take them off throw away...twist the bread and fold it underneath. Takes too much of my valuable time to undo/redo that damn twist tie

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
What are yours? Not particularly with golf, but it very well could be...

Personally, i HAVE to have the toothpaste tube squished from the bottom...if someone squishes it from the middle it DRIVES ME NUTS and i have to fix it immediatly

I HAVE to let a cold vehicle come downout of the high idle before i put it in gear

Pop or water bottle caps go on all the way between EVERY drink

Pop is POP NOT SODA...soda is for baking

Left front pocket is Keys, right front is cell phone and my pocket knife clipped to the side, right rear is my wallet...that way i can pat three times and be out the door knowing i have everything i need for the day.

Getting on my bike i put my jacket on, zip it, unzip left pocket get out ear plugs, put them in, zip left pocket, unzip right pocket put wallet in, zip right pocket, helmet on, strap it, get key out putit in ignition, left glove, right glove

If i dont follow this exact procedure one of the following happens: i forget to zip my coat, put ear plugs in, strap helmet(very bad), forget to get key out of pocket and have to take a glove off

Also, every time i take off i have to check my rear seat to make sure its locked into place...not sure why as i have never had it fly off...

thats all i can think of ATM
I use Mentadent so I don't have to squeeze a tube

The only thing that stops me from putting the car in gear while starting it is that they are both done with the right hand, and my car will not allow me to. Plus I park in a garage.

I usually drink pop or soda over ice

I call them both, as I have lived all over the US and can't remember the common term for any given area. Just like if I ask for a sack in the grocery store, they look at me like I have 2 heads.

What the heck do you need a pocket knife for? A 9mm should have no problem opening a bag or a sack, and is laughed at far less when you bring it to a knife fight.

:laugh:

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Call me crazy but I have to put in at least 10 characters in every forum post.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Winner....
Nothing for me except almond is pronounced all-mond, not AH-mond, AL-mond or AM-mond. And if you are going t osay it wrong use the same term every time, went though a presentation a couple of months ago and the Blue Diamond rep used all 4 pronunciations, pissed me off to the point I couldn't pay attention to what he was saying.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Nothing for me except almond is pronounced all-mond, not AH-mond, AL-mond or AM-mond. And if you are going t osay it wrong use the same term every time, went though a presentation a couple of months ago and the Blue Diamond rep used all 4 pronunciations, pissed me off to the point I couldn't pay attention to what he was saying.
Oh gawd, you just reminded me...
icon8.gif

If one more of our elected leaders says Nuke-u-lar, I'm going to lose it. Really, really lose it.

julie_m

just delete this account
Sep 12, 2008
Right front gets keys. Right rear gets clip-on knife. Right side belt gets cell phone. Left rear gets wallet. Nothing goes in left front unless I'm carrying a cigar in a tube, along with cutter and lighter.

Is that your cigar, or are you happy to----

never mind.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Is that your cigar, or are you happy to----

never mind.

Good one julie. :D

I was waiting to see whether you or Claire would jump all over that obvious setup line first. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts