• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Idiosyncracies? OCD??

julie_m

just delete this account
Sep 12, 2008
I was waiting to see whether you or Claire would jump all over that obvious setup line first. :laugh:

When I first saw it, that was my knee jerk response, but I decided against it for being too obvious...

but ultimately I just couldn't resist.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Keys in front right pocket, cell phone in left pocket (if I wear a jacket, in the left pocket of the jacket), wallet in right rear.

If I'm wearing long-sleeve shirts and I'm not in a formal environment, the sleeves HAVE TO be rolled up or pushed up. Can't stand for very long having sleeves down to my wrists.

My pants legs have to be rolled up in the back, under the heel. There is an actual reason for this: my inseam is more like 28.5", but of course almost all non-tailored pants are 30". I HATE it when the bottom of my pants drags on the ground when I walk or gets caught under the heels of my shoes.

There are more, but they might be more symptomatic of OCD than just me being a creature of habit.

julie_m

just delete this account
Sep 12, 2008
that's weird, whenever i go down across the 49th, they all call it soda. you're not american then?

Sure, just not Southern.

I remember the faces the first time I walked into a Texas fast food joint and ordered two small pops. I plan to keep doing it, just for the fun of it.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I just can't believe you fellows are saying all this stuff. I mean, you're supposed to wait until the third date, aren't you? :emot-ange

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
It's soda... not pop!!! My OCD has some killer instinct and could go postal hearing someone call it pop! Soda used to come in glass bottles... now comes in cans. If it's in a plastic bottle, I won't drink it!

Yes, the toilet paper ALWAYS hangs over the top, not around behind. Have you never had kids? Have you never had to wipe pooh off the wall/cabinet when they're trying to find the roll end with a hand that's been "diving"?

I won't buy milk from the front row of the grocery store display. Even though it's in the same cooler, I feel the container towards the front is either older or warmer. I'll lift a couple gallon out, choose mine, and then replace the others.

You won't see me pass a car on the right. The left lane is for passing. If you are driving slow in the left lane, I'll place my front bumper directly on top of your rear bumper... until you move over... before I'll pass on the right.

Really, I'm pretty laid back. Just a couple of things that get me riled. Now... I have a daughter who is EXTREMELY OCD! She has to have things in her cupboards and pantry lined up and separated. You can open her refrigerator and everything is in perfect alignment. There is a specific way to fold towels, etc. She knows she's OCD... admits it... and is learning to become more tolerant of those who might not be such "neat freaks" since their home was "invaded" two years ago by an adopted sibling set of 3.

PureStroke

Oct 10, 2008
It's soda... not pop!!! My OCD has some killer instinct and could go postal hearing someone call it pop! Soda used to come in glass bottles... now comes in cans. If it's in a plastic bottle, I won't drink it!

Yes, the toilet paper ALWAYS hangs over the top, not around behind. Have you never had kids? Have you never had to wipe pooh off the wall/cabinet when they're trying to find the roll end with a hand that's been "diving"?

I won't buy milk from the front row of the grocery store display. Even though it's in the same cooler, I feel the container towards the front is either older or warmer. I'll lift a couple gallon out, choose mine, and then replace the others.

You won't see me pass a car on the right. The left lane is for passing. If you are driving slow in the left lane, I'll place my front bumper directly on top of your rear bumper... until you move over... before I'll pass on the right.

Really, I'm pretty laid back. Just a couple of things that get me riled. Now... I have a daughter who is EXTREMELY OCD! She has to have things in her cupboards and pantry lined up and separated. You can open her refrigerator and everything is in perfect alignment. There is a specific way to fold towels, etc. She knows she's OCD... admits it... and is learning to become more tolerant of those who might not be such "neat freaks" since their home was "invaded" two years ago by an adopted sibling set of 3.
Lol your a funny fella limp but honestly I have have a few of the same issues you do like choosing milk more towards the back of the cooler. More times than not the milk towards the back is fresher and posts a later spoil date. I also hate the word pop(what the hell is frikin pop anyway) and I like glass bottled everything. But if you drive slow in the left lane ill go around you either way ,plus I h8 tailgaters so me and you would have an accident because I would brake check the hell out of you. Also that toilet paper thing too. You sure your not my twin :shocked: JK

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007

Very common misconception, the no passing on the right is only for 2 lane highways. On multi lane highways you may pass on the right, as long as you don't pass on the shoulder! On the other hand you are OCD!

Pop

Pop

Pop

Pop

Pop

Pop

:D

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
This is just common sense to me with any product. Not only to assure you get a better expiration date, but after living out on the east coast it is also proper assurance that you are not buying the product that the last slob (or employee) decided to open and take a drink out of when they were thirsty.

Kinda like canned goods. I always spin them around in my hand feeling for dents, because about 1/2 the cans on the shelf are usually dented and botulism waiting to happen because the stock guy thought it was easier to drop kick the boxes from about 5 feet as opposed to bending over and risking back injury.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Here is my OCD, that people are stupid enough to believe in garbage like this, and a newspaper is gullible enough to believe it worthy of front page news on their website. Kinda like saying "Here is our Pocono idiot of the week". Glad they got a picture.

I love his quote: "In the eternal search to get something for nothing and lay around your house while you work, I responded to an e-mail from Mystery Shopper," :laugh:

...and to think, this is probably the same guy that bitches about all the out of town people moving to the area. He just needs to realize we are doing it as a favor to him to offset the existing IQ mean.

Local man warns of 'Mystery Shopper' check scam - poconorecord.com - The Pocono Record

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
So far we've established that Eracer has Julie on his cigar...

Clarke doesn't like soda...

And few people pronounce often correctly. Very few.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Funny the Pop vs. Soda thing. Some of my family that lives in South Arkansas calls everything "Coke".

person1: "Hey you want a coke?"

person2: "yeah"

person1: "What kind?"

person2: "Dr. Pepper!"

/facepalm

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Although I'm not OCD about it, I agree with this 100%. Plastic bottles are the worst thing to happen to beverages of any type (ever had a beer in one?).

Define slow in the left lane. I will tell you that if you ever ride my bumper in the left lane and I'm 7 - 10 over the speed limit (which will get you a ticket in most states) and alone, you'll need to watch my brake lights very carefully.

I've always wanted to wire a switch into my brake lights so I could turn them off and on. That way, I could flip them on in this situation without slowing down.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Funny the Pop vs. Soda thing. Some of my family that lives in South Arkansas calls everything "Coke".

person1: "Hey you want a coke?"

person2: "yeah"

person1: "What kind?"

person2: "Dr. Pepper!"

/facepalm
+1

Kinda like asking for a kleenex instead of a tissue...or calling any motorcycles with a full fairing a "NINJA" or "Crotch Rocket" THAT term drives me nuts.

facepalm.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online