• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Idle timer?

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Sling,

What's the time limit for sitting idle, with the site just open on my desktop, before it treats me as having logged out and back in? Looks like less than half an hour.

So long as I know, I can work with it, but more like an hour would be ideal. Thanks.

I haven't given up on those strike out tags!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Once I sober up I'll have a look but I think it's like 900 minutes....I suspect a problem on your end with cookies. If you are online at your office have the IT guys fix it....:biglol:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Don't have it clear cookies, or do so manually, and have it remember your password. I have never been logged or timed out unless I clear cookies.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Are you talking about when you look at new posts?

I look at the threads this way and if you leave it sitting for about 20 minutes, then navigate to the home page the number of new posts will reset to a very low amount usually only 10 at the most...

OP
ClairefromClare

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Are you talking about when you look at new posts?

I look at the threads this way and if you leave it sitting for about 20 minutes, then navigate to the home page the number of new posts will reset to a very low amount usually only 10 at the most...

THat's it exactly! I have to log out if I put kids to bed or something, or I lose posts. After all, if I ignore someone here, I want it to be on purpose. :wow:

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok....all sobered up now, It's 900 seconds (15 minutes).

You want this changed because why?

🔥 Latest posts