• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If you and Tiger were playing....

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Why only $10K? I'd give HIM 5 strokes :) Seriously, I'd ask for 35 strokes.
I'm thinking $10k sounds fair. Wouldn't mind losing that considering I would sell off the other 2 spot, and tickets to the gallery to make a fortune for people to see Tiger Woods and me get humiliated. The gallery just better be careful, because the middle of the fairway would likely be the safest spot for me.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
$10,000 is just to keep you interested and trying your best. Sure, $10K is lunch money for Tiger, but he's such a competitor that he'd probably fight you tooth and nail over $5.

Some funny stuff here guys, thanks for the laughs. :D

Nike really ought to have a "I Beat Tiger" day, like some company (Kelloggs?) did way back when with Ben Hogan. Can you imagine how packed the munis would be that day?

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I would give him the oldest nastiest range balls I could find and have him spot me 30 strokes on a miniature golf course.

The other option would be to play Augusta. It would be a bargain to pay Tiger 10k to play Augusta with him.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I would play at my home course, give him a topflite, and I was ask for about 8 - 10 strokes, because Tiger would shoot about 8 to 10 under and if Im playing well I would shot level to -2. Would be so good if you ever got that opportunitie.

Nyper

Feb 23, 2006
This is a little off subject.. but...

My old home course is Par 71. It only plays about 5800 yards. Slop/rating is about 70/121.

My best round there is 70.

Loren Roberts came to play it once (friends with the owner). A lot of people went out and watched him. He had never seen the course before and shot something like a 62. Tiger would have to give me at least 20 on that course.

I could really care less about the ball. Might as well use an old Ram Floater and make it interesting. :)

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
I had the pleasure (or pain) of playing him in match play a few times......trust me you dont want ANY part of him, anywhere, with any ball. I once lost a match 5 and 4 and I was three under par thru 14

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I had the pleasure (or pain) of playing him in match play a few times......trust me you dont want ANY part of him, anywhere, with any ball. I once lost a match 5 and 4 and I was three under par thru 14
Yeah but just saying that you did is cool enough. How many people can say they got there a$$ whooped by Tiger that is not on tour?

And whoever thought getting your a$$ kicked would be that cool?

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I would cut a deal, we play this short narrow course, Logan River, that was cut out of wetlands, he can choose the tees, I make us switch clubs ( I want to see what he does without any of his MOI, FCM, SW, bent, delofted, super cut grooves - tricked clubs), and he can choose which balls.
By the way, I want 15 strokes.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
That would still be too risky for me - I'd make him play a medicine ball...

Haha.

There is no way he would whip you. I'm sure you could manage a few halves. You would raise your game to enable you to do so, imo. Saying that, a friend of mine once got beat 9&8 against a guy off a handicap v. similar to himself. Madness...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006

LOL, same thing happend to me, only I was at -5!!!! Then I woke up, had a wash, got dressed and went down stairs for my breakfast.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Straight up if there wasn't money involved at my home course(which he's rocked a few times before).

For money? Hmmm....some Rock Flites at an executive course. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I am starting to think I may request that he play left handed. In which case it may be a closer match, but I would still probably lose. :)

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I would play him straight up for 10K if he played lefty. He got beat my Vijay 4&3 lefty one day, i believe Vijay is still something like a +1 playing lefty, just amazing.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.