• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If you could have any part of your golf game corrected, what would it be?

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I think many of us have the ability to hit shots that generally react as we had planned. Where I struggle is having the mental strength to avoid "thinking" during any given shot and allowing my muscle memory to make the shot. The problem is that I have so many things that I "think" I need to accomplish each time I swing that my mind impedes my ability to avoid thought. I would like the confidence to step up and know that I don't need to think my way through the shot and let it rip.

Poe4soul

Feb 3, 2006
Or the reverse - play a game where you chip and then putt on the practice green. Hitting multiple balls in a row to the same target does not help with touch as much as hitting a ball, then putting it out. It puts the pressure on the chip as it would in a round. I find the same for putting one ball not three.

OP
O

onplane

PGA Teaching Professional
Jan 1, 2007
Which part would you like to hear about first? If you have any suggestions on a better way to give you guys this info, let me know. I am still trying to figure out how to get around this site.
David
[email protected]

OP
O

onplane

PGA Teaching Professional
Jan 1, 2007
Whers should I begin?

Could you post some things for each segment of the game? I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. I know I would.
Where would you guys want to start? How about the best ways to use your hands during the swing (full swing & short game) so that you maintain a square clubface, and have a better chance of making solid contact?

David
[email protected]

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Where would you guys want to start? How about the best ways to use your hands during the swing (full swing & short game) so that you maintain a square clubface, and have a better chance of making solid contact?

David
[email protected]

That sounds good.:) Perferably the longer clubs (ie driver and 3iron)

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006

David
[email protected]
Sounds like a plan to me :) Don't listen to Sandpiper though, start with that chipping dealey you told us about ;)

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Tempo. It is the most common thing I analyze and concentrate on for my swing. Mainly just a little fast, and I overextend my driver a good part of the time. Trying to cut it down too much with my driver leads to a bad feel and bad shot most of the time.

Seems like a never ending battle but is getting better.

Would definately agree with FPJ, as I watch the pros and the teachers it seems that the biggest thing they all agree to is tempo..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.