• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

if you have 5 lessons for your new coach

atom

Mar 2, 2008
recently, i took up intermediate lessons, FINALLY! after playing golf for 2 years learning from books n Magazines

of course i know that you should have taken it since beginning stage but cut the crap, 2 years have passed... :p

the lessons are in package of 5 x 1 hour lesson, which i will continue using this coach if he is good. Any advice out there, what are the consideration factors in terms of;

1) the frequency of lessons between each lessons?

2) the things to learn in terms of dividing the time? for e.g. no point training one particular item for one whole lesson (you can suggest to work on what are your weaknesses for this coach)

3) Any other advice welcome... :)

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
1) I usually like to give myself at least 2 weeks to a month between lessons to give time for me to evaluate the changes that I am working on.

2) I recommend that you take 30 minute lessons. You get so much info that it is hard to focus on much after that. I also pick an area that I am having difficulty and work on that during the lesson ie driving, chipping etc... I have found tha this works really well.

3) Also, consider a playing lesson on the course. Very Valuable and topics come up that never occur to you in the range type setting.

OP
A

atom

Mar 2, 2008
thanks subsonic!

i really like the girl in your picture!

;)

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
No Problem! Hope the lessons turn out well for you.

I like her too. Her name is Minea Blomqvist. One of my favorite LPGA players. Hot and a great golfer, what's not to like!

OP
A

atom

Mar 2, 2008
right, i will support her now and forever (at least till she turns 38)...

anyway, i got my first lesson yesterday night, coach was good, he recommends only 30 mins, changed my grip and take away only... and believe it or not, 7-iron 110 meters turned 140 meters...

he says i was holding on to a weak grip....

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sounds as if you may have found a good instructor. Any time a coach wants to change to much all at once you should run away, fast. After you demand a refund. :laugh:

OP
A

atom

Mar 2, 2008
yes M... i hope so... next lessons next tuesday! alternate weeks 30 mins session.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.