• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If you think you're having a bad day...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Thought we could use a thread like this. Post what's happening to you, or others, that will make us realize it could be worse.

For example: if you think you're having a bad day, I'm having a colonoscopy this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
It's not a colonoscopy if it's just you and another guy behind the bus terminal.
That's not what he said.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Last night I had a dream that my 17 year old son died from cancer.

Now, technically I guess that makes the day good since he really didn't die, but goddamn those first few moments after waking up were enough to ruin my morning.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Last night I had a dream that my 17 year old son died from cancer.

Now, technically I guess that makes the day good since he really didn't die, but goddamn those first few moments after waking up were enough to ruin my morning.
That's a rough dream, Tea.

Colonoscopy done...very easy. Shouldn't have waited 4 years.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Colonoscopy's are easy. It's the night before that's hell on earth.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Colonoscopy's are easy. It's the night before that's hell on earth.
Nah, really didn't bother me. A little extra seat time, no biggie.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wife recently diagnosed with diabetes. Sat through a 2-hour consultation, yesterday. Was supposed to go to "class" with her this evening. Class called off due to the sheet of ice out there.
Both of us have enjoyed excellent health. Age catches up with some surprises. Biggest issue, here, is now we no longer have a cookie jar sitting out, no ice cream in the fridge, we can only eat "healthy stuff". No idea where she gets the "we" thing when it was her with the diagnosis!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thought we could use a thread like this. Post what's happening to you, or others, that will make us realize it could be worse.

For example: if you think you're having a bad day, I'm having a colonoscopy this afternoon.

Some folks have a really bad day...

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Wife recently diagnosed with diabetes. Sat through a 2-hour consultation, yesterday. Was supposed to go to "class" with her this evening. Class called off due to the sheet of ice out there.
Both of us have enjoyed excellent health. Age catches up with some surprises. Biggest issue, here, is now we no longer have a cookie jar sitting out, no ice cream in the fridge, we can only eat "healthy stuff". No idea where she gets the "we" thing when it was her with the diagnosis!! :>)
Good luck to your wife.

Given how long she's put up with you, she should be out of bad luck. ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thanks, guys, but the Good Lord has given us a very good ride! The diabetes was detected early. Medication and diet should keep it under control. We'll take it! So many have so much worse issues than we do. Over our 52+ years of marriage, we've hit some pretty tough speedbumps. No matter how shaken, you can't go back. All you can do is look forward. My bride weighed 95 pounds when we were married in 1966. Three kids later... and a few years... she has "widened" a tad. Still, very petite and a BMI in the low 20's. She is excited that she may be able to lose the four to eight pounds she thinks she needs to shed. That's my wife. Always looking at the positive. Yes, don't see how she does it putting up with me all these years!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
We are dealing with a dog situation. He won't eat, drink or do anything. (This was Monday). 3 trips to the vet and $1000 later, we still have no answers. Wish dogs could talk sometimes and let us know whats going on. :(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.