• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If you took your best scores at each hole

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I think it's been figured out that if you took the best scores at each hole by Nicklaus at Augusta, and put them in one round, he would have a 48.

Let's see, at the course I most often play...

4 par
3 eagle
4 par
4 par
4 par
3 par
4 birdie
4 par
2 birdie

--32 out

3 birdie
3 birdie
3 birdie
4 par
2 birdie
4 birdie
4 par
3 par
5 par

--31 in

63, 9 under par.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Hmm lets see...

1st: Eagle
2nd Eagle
3rd Birdie
4th Eagle
5th birdie
6th birdie
7th birdie
8th birdie
9th birdie

Out in: -12 25

10th Birdie
11th Birdie
12th Birdie
13th Birdie
14th Birdie
15th Birdie
16th Eagle
17th Hole in 1 (Eagle)
18th Birdie

In: -11 22

Total: 47 -23

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
My home course would be a Par 70. Birdie on Every hole but #8, Eagle on #8 for a 51. I currently track this on Intelligolf, which has a dream round tracker for each course. 49 is my lowest, but it was on a par 68 on my old home course. Same thing, Birdie on every hole but #1 which was an eagle.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I will figure this one out later

And report back, maybe that score will be under 100.:D

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
:biglol:
Davebud said:
And report back, maybe that score will be under 100.:D

You're a trip man. How bout if you added up all the trees you've hit into another round. :) If I added all the damage I've caused with my driver....whew. At my old course I'd be 18 under, no eagles yet. At my new one... I doubt it would break 80.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Interesting Statistics

At my best scores from all my rounds I had 41 out and 41 in for 82, totalling my worst I had 69 out, and 71 in for 140, averaging all my rounds I hit 56 out and 55 in for 111. Now if I average all the par 3 holes I get a score of 4.425 on those, par 4 holes I get 6.39, and par 5 holes I get a 7.35, multiplied out times the number of each for a round I get 111. If I take my "dream round" and "nightmare round" and add them together, then divide by 2, I get 111. So statistically I am a freaking 111 golfer. A couple of other strange things beacme apparent as I was doing this too, #17 is a hole that I think of as easy every time I am on the tee, yet I average 3 over par on that hole. It is my personal third worst hole on the course, #1 is statistically my worst a +3.6, followed by #2 at +3.4. My best holes on the course are two of them tied at +1.1, and 3 tied at +1.4.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Mine is a 49 on a par 71. Birdied every hole. Eagled #1, a Par 4 from 100 yards and have eagled 3 of the 4 par 5's.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
1-eagle
2-birdie
3-eagle
4-eagle
5-birdie
6-eagle
7-eagle
8-eagle
9-birdie

Par 36-out in 21

10-birdie
11-birdie
12-birdie
13-birdie
14-birdie
15-birdie
16-birdie
17-birdie
18-eagle

Par 35-in in 25

Smooth 46

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
You guys are killing me

Its clear to see at this point that I truly suck at this game most of you guys are sub 60 on your best "dream game" scores and if I play 9 of the holes at my course twice (the 9 I parred) I could get par, during a total eclipse with the wind blow every putt in the hole.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Davebud said:
Its clear to see at this point that I truly suck at this game most of you guys are sub 60 on your best "dream game" scores and if I play 9 of the holes at my course twice (the 9 I parred) I could get par, during a total eclipse with the wind blow every putt in the hole.
Dave,
There is still hope, I think you misunderstood (unless I did). Take the best score you had on each hole for a particular course, probably you home course will be the best because you have most likely scored the best on each hole at one time or another, not each nine. Add those up. It looks like you took your best front and best back and added those.

edit 1 - heck, the most birdies I have ever had on one given round is 2, and I have never shot under 30 on 9. Athough I did have a 62 (29 over) on the front nine and a 33 on the back nine (2 under, 7 pars and 2 birdies) in a round in a club championship, which is my best and worst nine ever (outside of my first month of playing), both in the same round. I would venture to say that is not too common. Had a 75 on the first day of the championship, which was my best round ever. This was on a par 68.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
E = Eagle B = Birdie

E, E, E, E, B, E, B, B, E, E, B, E, E, B, E, B, B & E
= 29 Under 41.

Not sure which tees, my memory isn't good enough to recall which were comp/general play tees I happened to be playing off during each round of my life over the last 20 years.

The thing is of the 6 birdies, 4 of them are the 4 par threes. i've never had a hole in one in all that time
icon9.gif

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Wow, it's amazing to see what the good golfers already have.

I hope I can get my dream round down into the 50's sometime this summer. I need to birdie 4 more different holes.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
No Jayhawk I got it

The problem is out of the 9 rounds I have played at that course, (I just started golfing at the end of last year) I have 9 pars and 9 bogeys as my best scores for the holes. I have yet to get a birdie, have been close a couple of times, and if my putting had been as good 2 rounds ago as it was last round I would have had at least one. So I am still working on getting to par with my "dream round".

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
It's just going to take some time, Dave. It certainly can get frustrating at times. I've got a lot of rounds in now to make my dream 63, and experience can't be taught. But every time you play, you'll be learning something, if not always consciously.

And maybe the next time you play one of those holes you have at best a bogey on, you'll pick up that first par.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Davebud said:
The problem is out of the 9 rounds I have played at that course, (I just started golfing at the end of last year) I have 9 pars and 9 bogeys as my best scores for the holes. I have yet to get a birdie, have been close a couple of times, and if my putting had been as good 2 rounds ago as it was last round I would have had at least one. So I am still worjing on getting to par with my "dream round".
I guess that may be a big part of it, both of the courses I used, I have 100+ rounds on the course, so am far more likely to have birdied alot of the holes simply because of sheer numbers. If I only take only 9 rounds on my current home course, my 51 becomes a 73 on a par 70, this having been playing for 5 years. So I wouldn't place too much emphasis on comparing to others.

🔥 Latest posts