• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

igolf gps uploading problems

jskd82

Ball Sprayer
May 19, 2007
Anyone own the igolf GPS ever have problems with uploading course files? I uploaded one file but I am always getting a init failed whenever I try to upload others.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I get that error every now and then but only on the first attempt. If I unplug and shut down the device and program, then restart them it works fine. Never had it happen in between files. Once it starts they all work.

Do you have the most recent software? Could be the problem if you are using what came with the device, as I immediately updated.
Technical Support

On the page I linked, there is a manual addressing that specific issue as well as download file fixes if you use AOL.

While I use the Caddiesync beta version to create files, I still use the non beta version to transfer files because I like the format better. The only modifications I made to mine was increasing the port speed in control panel, which increased the speed of the transfers.
--------------------
INIT FAIL
If you are getting INIT FAIL (or similar error message) when trying to transfer a golf course, please follow the
steps suggested below. Try to transfer a file after each step.
1. Confirm that the cable is correctly, and securely attached to the unit. Remove the batteries from the
unit. The unit is designed to power up without batteries, if the cable is connected securely enough to
the unit and computer. Once the batteries have been removed, try powering up the unit. If it does not
power on, you may need to remove the cable and re-insert, applying more pressure while
connecting the cable to assure that it is fully in place.
2. Confirm COM port is set correctly
a. Plug in the USB cable to your computer
b. Click on the Start Menu
c. Click Control Panel. (If you do not see Control Panel in the Start menu, click Settings. This
should bring up a Control Panel button.)
d. Double Click System (This should be found toward the bottom of the list. if you do not see
System, click Classic View on the left margin. This should change the view so that you will see
system toward the bottom of the list)
e. Click the Hardware tab on top.
f. Click Device Manager
g. Click on the + button to the left of Ports. Make note of the COM# assigned to “Prolific USB-to-
Serial COM Port.” This will be found in parentheses.
h. If not found, your USB cable is not plugged into your computer or the USB driver has not been
installed from the software that came with your unit.
i. In iGolf Transfer (the White Flag icon on your desktop, a.k.a GPS Caddie Sync Software), go to
the Computer Settings tab on the far top right, and use the drop down menu to manually select
the COM# found in step "g".
j. Click Apply.
k. Click on the Send Golf Courses Tab on top.
3. Confirm the switch on the box of the USB data cable is switched to Data
4. Confirm the course file you are transferring is a .GLF file. This can be identified by opening your
green iGolf Folder and looking at the name of the course file. If it ends in .glf, you are all set. If it
does not, you will need to select the GPS Caddie on your profile when you log into iGolf.com.
5. Confirm you do not get an error message or an indication that the USB driver has been installed
improperly when you plug the USB cable into the computer.
6. Confirm all software (anti-virus, firewall, pop-up blocker, etc.) that may interrupt data transfer is
turned off.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.