• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Igolf Neo, Dead On Arrival !!!!!

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I recieved a new Igolf Neo yesterday. All I get is a blank screen. I charged it off the PC and when that didn't work I charged it overnight with the wall charger. The closest I have gotten to this thing actually working is the backlight came on with a blank display and I had to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to get it to go out.

Has anybody else evperience this???? Any idea what to do????

I guess I will now get to find out how good their customer service is. Not off to a good start here.

Just an update: I got the backlight to come on again with a blank display. I'm going to leave it on aand let it completely discharge. Perhaps I'll get lucky and it will clear whatever the problem is. I should also mention that when the unit is connected to the computer the software knows it is connected.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You've got the igolf software loaded on your computer right? And a few courses downloaded? Try loading them into the unit.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
The unit won't even power up. Like I said the closest thing to being on is a blank screen with the backlight on. None of the buttons work. Its DOA.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Just an update to this point:

I have gone back and forth with iGolf customer support all day with little success. The best so far they are willing to do for me is to send me a refurbished (not new) unit which is totally unacceptable to me as I have had this unit less than 24 hours and it has not worked even for a single second.

I have even asked to upgrade to a new more expensive model just so I can get a new unit and I have offered to pay the difference in price. To this point they have said no. I don't get it.

I am currently trying to escalate this to a manager. we will see. Stay tuned.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Have you thought of contacting Tiger GPS? I would imagine they would exchange it for another. If not, ask them for a refund. Based on my experience, I don't see you getting results from iGolf, where you should likely be thankful they returned your calls or e-mails, which is more than I can say from my experience.

edit 1 - sounds like unlike iGolf, they warrant their sales for the first 60 days.
http://www.tigergps.com/cust-serv.html

... let them fight and bicker with iGolf.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yep, this is Tiger's issue, not iGolf's.

How many units do they sell every month? In addition, how many people would potentially scam because they ruined their own? Or perhaps how many vendors sold faulty products knowingly? Less product control. Anyway, it is Tiger's issue.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I will be returning it to Tiger GPS. I am waiting for them to email me an RA. Stay Tuned.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Good Luck!!!

That sounds like the way to go. Something I have learned in the many things I have purchased in my life is that usually the best course of action when your receive something that does not work is to go to who you purchased it from and not the manufacturer. While many times the manufacturer would like to have the first option and many times even states such, it is usually who you purchased it from that will give quicker results. While it will likely be an initial inconvenience, you are going to likely end up with something that is suitable and works much quicker.

🔥 Latest posts