• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

iGolf Neo v2 firmware update available to PAID members

Wayneo

From the bunker
Dec 31, 2008
Hey folks,
just got my 'Easter' newsletter from them, and there's now a V2 firmware update available.

At first glance it appears to have much fewer enhancements than originally rumoured.

According to their web page there are only 3 New items.
1. Enhanced Main screen. Main display now shows front, center, back readings to current green.
2. Simplified file transfer. Easier to download courses.
3. Automatic shut off.

Also Neo Sync now at v3.0.1

The Good
Item 1. I will really prefer this. This initial screen makes alot more sense to me.

The Bad
Under system requirements it shows Windows only systems. I use both Macs and Windows PC's so it won't be too much of a pain.

The Ugly
From their web, you must be a PAID member. (Luckily I am)

I won't install this until I hear about other user experiences.

I don't know the cost for unpaid members, and I wouldn't pay for these few updates/enhancements.

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
As usual i'm having all types of problems. But I don't think it's all my fault. I started to download the firmware but stopped at the confirmation page. I did not feel like messing with it at the time. Of course when I went back and attempted to download, it said I already did and cannot download again. I'll give them a call and straighten it out. I did download the new sync page which is a lot fancier then that plan green page. However it is extremely slow. There was like a 30 second delay in the scrolling until it finally froze up. I went back to the old setup. I would like to have the FCB distance on the main page though.

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
Not to change the subject but when I used my neo, most of the bunkers and water were already included. How does that happen? i thought you had to map those yourself

OP
W

Wayneo

From the bunker
Dec 31, 2008
Not to change the subject but when I used my neo, most of the bunkers and water were already included. How does that happen? i thought you had to map those yourself

Daddyo - If you got the files from iGolf, when they map the course, depending on the mapper and the course itself, they WILL add what they believe to be 'points of interest'. I have found that for the majority of files I download the extra points are already there.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.