• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm an idiot

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
About three weeks ago, on the 18th hole, I was looking for my ball in the rough. After looking for 4 minutes, finally found it, barely visible. So I dropped my driver on the spot to mark the spot, and run back to my bag I left about 50 yards ahead to grab my 3 wood. I get back to the spot, play my second shot.....

3 days later, I can't find my driver. That's when I remember I left it on the course, deep in the rough. I go to the lost and found of the clubhouse (being a member of that course), since there's always a kind soul bringing back lost clubs. To no avail, they didn't received it. Even checked the rough, it's not there...
Bloody Hell, someone took my Callaway VFT 10 degrees firm....
:028: :sobbash: :(

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ah man.......dude, that's rough. Shoulda used the headcover instead.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. If i find it, i'll let you know. ;)

I just sold a 9* VFT Hawkeye Pro Series driver with the Pro Series Stiff shaft. I woulda given it to you for a song, given your circumstances.

Crap.

Maybe it's a sign to upgrade! :thumbup:

R35

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
You're right. I was thinkng of buying either the r7, or maybe the TM 510 with a regular shaft fujikura Speeder. But given the price, I'd be into making a custom driver.
I'm now using a 9 degree Nemesis with Grafalloy Blue. One of my main concern is that I tend to launch the drives very high, on average of 17 degrees, losing some distance. A pro told me the best drives angle would be between 11 and 14 degrees....
And the nemesis is quite heavy. Come to think of it, I'm more of a D1 swingweight. My mom has a driver Yonex Vmass 400, and it's light as feather, fun to manipulate. Oh well.....

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Loop said:
You're right. I was thinkng of buying either the r7, or maybe the TM 510 with a regular shaft fujikura Speeder. But given the price, I'd be into making a custom driver.
I'm now using a 9 degree Nemesis with Grafalloy Blue. One of my main concern is that I tend to launch the drives very high, on average of 17 degrees, losing some distance. A pro told me the best drives angle would be between 11 and 14 degrees....
And the nemesis is quite heavy. Come to think of it, I'm more of a D1 swingweight. My mom has a driver Yonex Vmass 400, and it's light as feather, fun to manipulate. Oh well.....
The Nemesis is absolutely awesome in my book. It's in my bag right now, mated to an Apache Iee Orange MTC shaft, stiff. It goes straight and hugely long, due to the mega-roll I get off of it. If you fall out of love with yours, let me know how much you'll part with it for, as I'm thinking of buying a 2nd for backup sake.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
When I had my launch tested, my trajectory was a little more than 13*. But, I still hit the 8.5* the longest out of all the drivers I tried. It had the best shape to the drive that pleased my eye, which is more important. The 10* Taylor Made just seemed to balloon on me.

I like the R7. It looks alot better than the 510 and 540's. I'd keep it neutral, it seemed to feel the best set up like that for me. But a little draw bias never hurt anyone, right? ;)

Never tried the Nemesis. Never even seen one to be honest.

R35

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
SMT

Geez, Nemis are great heads, as are Spectrums, O2's, etc. I've hit the Nemis and like them very much. Right now I have a 10* Spectrum that is simply the best driver setup (for me) I've ever had. Gained 25 yards on average over last year (which was a Great Big Bertha II) and hit 50% more fairways. My Spectrum has a Grafalloy Prolaunch 55 at 45" total length, D2 SW. It would probably be even more accurate at 44" (coz I have a Bang-o-Matic at 44", and it's dynamite accurate), but I'd have to add a little tip weight to get it back up in swingweight if I shortened the shaft.

Put an SMT or Bang or Ashton head with a Prolaunch shaft and you've got a super-long driver at a little over $150, brand new (DIY). Use a Mercury Performance or ProKevlar shaft and deduct another 25-30$--maybe even better performance (Mercury rocks, and is CHEAP). It's also easy to get true expert help (way more expert than I) in building component clubs or having them built, so that as many playability factors as possible are controlled and tailored to your swing. Custom clubs are fun. Did I mention that they play great?
Nemesis.jpg

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I am still in love with my Dunlop. I am hitting it over 300 yards fairly consistantly. I changed my grip last week (baseball to interlock) and I actually hit several fairways. :)

So far the distance is not much more than a side show cause my iron play leaves much to be desired from an accuracy perspective.

I can see a day (maybe next spring) when the ole' dunlop will be plum wore out. I am NOT spending $500 on a single golf club (As much as I like the look of the R7).

I have had my eye on the Nemisis and the Bangenstien FU2 (gotta love the name). I hope Santa gets me the basic clubmaking set from Golfsmith for Christmas.

🔥 Latest posts