• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm an idiot..

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
So last week, we played 36 holes on Saturday..

On the back 9, it was getting late, I was tired, hungry, and starting to get a little cold.. So on 16, it's a long par 4.

I hit my driver shot, then my second with my 19* hybrid to the green. We noticed like 5 balls in the middle of the fairway, and drive over to them... range balls.. Someone must have snagged a few and just hit them into the fairways or something we guessed.

While, me being the dumb ass... decided to hang out the side of the cart while my partner was driving. I told him to NOT slow down, because I was going to hit the ball "polo" style from the moving cart.

He slowed down, I almost lost my balance mid swing. I cranked the ball out there, but... I followed through.

Next thing I know.. the head and half the shaft slammed into the windshield, and I was holding a grip with a spike on the end. :)

That being said.. I needed a new shaft. Picked up a Fujikura Banzai X-flex, brand new for $9 bucks from the store. The club builder gave me a ferrule, and I grabbed some epoxy.

Never done this before, but I must say... The club looks damn good. Just put the grip on it tonight. Hopefully the head doesn't come flying off when I hit it. Emergency club building is so fun!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
:biglol: Well, if you can't laugh at the situation you're looking at it the wrong way.

Sucks, but whaddya gonna do?

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
It was the hybrid/rescue.

The ball went around 170 yards, had a slight, push/slice to it. :)

The club head didn't go far, but almost busted the windshield. We laughed.. all in all it cost me around $15 bucks max to fix it, and a days time.

🔥 Latest posts