• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm back!!!!!

bryguy

May 15, 2008
As many of you guys know, I lost my job last year in late September. Well, the Good Lord saw fit to bless me with employment right before Christmas. Before that, I had to sell evrything in my bag to help bridge the gap in income. Well, we have finally gotten to point finacially that we are better off now than we were before I got laid off. So, my great and Awesome wife mentions to me the other day about did I still want to get back to playing golf. Of course you guys know that answer to that question. So, off I go to the Golfsmith here in Raleigh to refill my bag. Replaced it with all new stuff, was going to go with used, but the wife told me to just get new stuff or I would be replacing it soon any way. So, in my sig is what is in my bag. Wife did not even blink at what the new stuff cost. I am so pumped about being back to playing the game that I have grown so fond of. I do think that the break did me some good, I have a renewed love of the game, and am looking forward to get my swing back. I know that it will not be easy, but that is why we play this game right? Glad to be back in the golf world.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Welcome back, bry! Good to have another NC guy on the board!

I like that GS. They treated me very well on a set of US Kids for my son when they first opened.

OP
B

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Slick, how is that driver treating you? If you ever look to get rid of it, I would be interested in letting her come back home.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Slick, how is that driver treating you? If you ever look to get rid of it, I would be interested in letting her come back home.

Long and straight! :thumbs up:

It didn't take long for her to kick my Tour Burner out of the bag! Glad to see things looking up for you!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Welcome back!

Ya know, you dont have to be playing golf to post around these parts! Hell, i havent even seen grass for the last 3 months...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Man, when you refill a bag, you refill a bag; well done! :thumbs up:

Welcome back after your hiatus. While I hate hearing stories about guys having to sell off clubs just to get by, it is great to hear that you were able to bounce back in such a relatively short time.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
So it's just like when you DO play golf! :p :mgw:

lmao!!

amedia.urbandictionary.com_image_large_pwned_48495.jpg

OP
B

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Long and straight! :thumbs up:

It didn't take long for her to kick my Tour Burner out of the bag! Glad to see things looking up for you!

From my experience with the Tour Burners last year, one of those Hippo drivers from Walmart could about do that. TM has really dropped the ball on the last few drivers they have produced. Last driver they had that I liked was the Superquad. Never have liked the Burners, just do not work to well for me.

OP
B

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Man, when you refill a bag, you refill a bag; well done! :thumbs up:

Welcome back after your hiatus. While I hate hearing stories about guys having to sell off clubs just to get by, it is great to hear that you were able to bounce back in such a relatively short time.
It was what it was. I truely believe it was the Grace of God that allowed me to get back, especially given how bad things seem to economically around here.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
So are those clubs in your sig the ones you just loaded up on? And welcome back.... Glad things are looking up for you also... :)

OP
B

bryguy

May 15, 2008
So are those clubs in your sig the ones you just loaded up on? And welcome back.... Glad things are looking up for you also... :)
10-4. Wifey did not even say anyhting about the cost. Did I mention how great my wife is?

🔥 Latest posts