• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm Back...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Been on vacation.

Put 1300 miles on the bike in 3 days, found some great roads here in Wisconsin. It was a crazy hot week here pushing heat indexes into the triple digits. Leather jackets do not breath well. Closed roads are fantastic until there is no bridge. Ferries are fun, surprise gravel roads are not. Fill up your gas tank when the light comes on, because that next dot on the map, doesn't have a gas station. Small town hole in the wall restaurants have some of the best, cheapest food i have ever eaten and i will take that over 'atmosphere' every day of my life.

Took my 4 year old to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, the Aquarium was fantastic, the traffic was horrid. 99% of the backup was caused by those effing toll booths. Those things cause 100X more issues than they solve...

Didn't play a lick of golf.

Now i'm sitting here at work....back to the grind.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I knew there was something better about the boards the last few days....

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I was wondering where you were? Welcome back and good to hear you had a great time.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
good to hear your had great time!

I expect you did the Dukes of Hazard jump over the missing bridges? !

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
good to hear your had great time!

I expect you did the Dukes of Hazard jump over the missing bridges? !
Unfortunatly there was no strategically placed pile of dirt...plus, the guy i was riding with might have had an issue attempting a 300ish foot jump on his 800+ lb Harley....:D

MC...glad you had a good vacation too :)

Yes, my ass was very sore after those three days(all in a row). All good now though...i need a new seat for the bike...the stock one gets quite uncomfortable. However, thats really the only issue i had was the seat. The body position was fine even after 9 or so hours on the bike in one day...but then, i am still young...we will see if feel the same when i am 30 lmfao

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Yes, my ass was very sore after those three days(all in a row). ...but then, i am still young...we will see if feel the same when i am 30 lmfao
I bet this isn't the first time you've said this! :ugly25:

Glad you had a good trip, my friend!! Take any pics?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Get a Corbin seat, good stuff man!

Sweet to put all those miles on that bike, I've been riding a lot too actually.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I bet this isn't the first time you've said this! :ugly25:

Glad you had a good trip, my friend!! Take any pics?

How did i know you, of all people, were going to be the one to bring that up? :D

Actually, i didnt take my camera with me on any of the trips. No room in the trunk for a DSLR, and i didnt want to ride with a backpack or tankbag as they are both uncomfortable and get in the way during some of the more spirited riding i was doing.

I do have a couple of places that i saw on the ride that i will be going back to sometime soon to get pictures of. Will probably take the Fiancee on a ride up there and since i don't do any spirited stuff with her on the back we will be able to take the camera with.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Get a Corbin seat, good stuff man!

Sweet to put all those miles on that bike, I've been riding a lot too actually.

Yeah, i have heard Corbin makes great seats. I can get a fantastic deal on Sargent seats though....were talking about 60% of dealer cost

I think i might send mine to that greatdaytoride guy....for like $30 he will redo the stock seat and i have heard some rave reviews from those seats as well.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yeah, i have heard Corbin makes great seats. I can get a fantastic deal on Sargent seats though....were talking about 60% of dealer cost

I think i might send mine to that greatdaytoride guy....for like $30 he will redo the stock seat and i have heard some rave reviews from those seats as well.

If you do it, let me know. A seat is on the list of the many, many things that I want to do to my bike.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
If you do it, let me know. A seat is on the list of the many, many things that I want to do to my bike.
If i do it, i am going to wait until this winter at the earliest since i can't ride then anyway it would be a good time to send it to him. With my shortened riding season i dont want to short myself any more of it by being short a seat.

I will definitely let you know if/when i do it.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well I have a long list of things I want to do. New can, new leather jacket, few other things. I'd already have it if didn't have the wee one on the way, but times call for sensibility.

🔥 Latest posts