• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

im looking for a low launching driver shaft

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
anyone got anything for me. something stiff borderline xstiff would be great im not looking to spend more than 50ish. but it depends on whats offered... any ideas would be great. something heavier say 90 grams. im more of a trajectory control kind of guy and as far as my driver goes i like to hit it low with a lot of run. im not a bomb it as far as i can kind of guy im a control feel kind of guy. so anything you guys have for me would be great.

RJTee

Dec 5, 2007
Grafalloy Pro Launch Red is advertised to be low launch and I have found it to be so. If you are borderline stiff/x-stiff I would go with the x-stiff. Are you putting it in the Adams BUL head? I found that head to be considerably higher launch than the Adams BTY in the same loft, 9.5 (the shaft no doubt influenced the trajectory as the BTY comes with the PL Red shaft).

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Find a shaft with a high bend point and it should be low launch. Aldila NV and Graf ProLaunch Red are two that come to mind. LyleG should answer this though. He's hit every shaft ever made... or maybe R35? :laugh:

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah these guys are right. I have a $300 Diamana in mine, and Im planning on going to the Pro Launch red, or if I can get a Steal Price on a Matrix Xcon, Code, or ( TP7x yeah right)

But for like $40 a brand new pro launch red can be had.

Staff online

Members online