• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm mental

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I hit the range today after work, and took my J33R 8.5 w/ a ul540 along. It was 100% better than the hibore. I only hooked one shot with it, and that was a plain bad swing. I caught that hook off the toe, but every other shot, maybe 20 balls, was hit high on the face right in the middle. Perfect 3 yard fades, maybe even less. With the strong wind going right into me, I still carried every shot over the 250 marker, which is absolutely fantastic for me.

The hibore on the other hand, was all over the place. I hit 2 snaphooks, a couple huge hooks into the 18th fairway, and 1 slice. Contact was all over the face. It's almost as long as the bridgestone, but far more inconsistent. After about 15 balls with the hibore I settled down and started pumping 5 yard draws over the 250, but the rest would be in the wrong fairway or OB. The hibore also has a noticably higher swingweight.

The hibore should be much straighter, right? The bridgestone is quite unforgiving, and I noticed a large distance loss on the hook off the toe. Could it all be mental?

Anyway, the bridgestone is in the bag until I am able to try the creation I have inbound. Maybe I need to find another head for it, because the hibore needs a time-out right now, I think.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Hey jake i'll take that HiBore off your hands. PS were you out at Wander Springs? What'd you shoot?

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Hey jake i'll take that HiBore off your hands. PS were you out at Wander Springs? What'd you shoot?

Naw, I'm playing as 6 right now. I didn't mean I was getting rid of the hibore, it just gets to stay in the trunk for a while.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.