• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm not a Tiger guy, but..

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
dave probably knows this, but do you guys realize that the last time Lee Westwood played head-to-head with Tiger (on a good knee!) that Westwood beat him?

Not saying it will happen, my money is still on Tiger in the final round but it's not that much of a stretch that Westwood can win.
Definitely not a stretch. Westwood is a great player, and fully capable of winning this event.

My dark horse for today is Villegas.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
VT

I agree re the knee, I was being serious, I think its bloody nothing. And Westwood has played the best golf all week, just like Immelman did at Augusta, if there is any justice he will win. But Tiger has that incredible ability to pull out the big putt.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
VT

I agree re the knee, I was being serious, I think its bloody nothing. And Westwood has played the best golf all week, just like Immelman did at Augusta, if there is any justice he will win. But Tiger has that incredible ability to pull out the big putt.

I thought Westwood was in the catbird seat prior to Tiger doing what he did on 17 and 18. Westwood is playing perfect US Open golf, but how can you compete with what Tiger did on the back 9? If Tiger keeps rolling putts like he did yesterday, it won't be close. If Tiger opens up with a double bogey again on #1, it could get real interesting real fast.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
The guy is amazing. Whether you love him or hate him the game of golf is so much more fun to watch when he is playing. I can't wait to start watching today. This is going to be great.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I think we should all play the Johnny Miller game today and get plastered.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
As of 1:37 pm eastern there are 10 guys under par on their rounds today and about 80% at par or better. I'm very surprised... did it rain this morning??

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
As of 1:37 pm eastern there are 10 guys under par on their rounds today and about 80% at par or better. I'm very surprised... did it rain this morning??

Could also be where the USGA set the pins and which tee boxes they are using?

So far I am extremely impressed with how the USGA has set up the course for this Open. Very tough but fair, lots of good risk/reward holes where you can make eagle or double depending how well you play and if you get a little luck or not.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I wasn't home for this yesterday,

where can I watch a replay/ highlights/ ANYTHING!?
NBC Sports online has a replay of Tiger's entire round.

Which is about all the rest of us saw in real-time anyway...

And about all that mattered from yesterday anyway...;)

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I don't understand the concept of anyone who plays golf, 'not being a Tiger guy'?

As in "If I wanted one person to win this US Open, it would not be Tiger." That would be Rocco. I think this one a shaking out perfectly. Great set-up, and there are players stepping up. I hope Rocco and Westwood really get after it.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
agreed

Westwood has worked hard on his game and deserves a big win.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Tiger can't keep spraying drives and holing 65 footers, at some point, he has to either hit it straight or putt like a human being, if neither happens, he wins

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Tiger can't keep spraying drives and holing 65 footers, at some point, he has to either hit it straight or putt like a human being, if neither happens, he wins

couldn't be more true.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.