• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm pretty sure I would beat this woman to death

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Link: I'm loud, pushy, difficult -- and need a nanny - CNN.com

<!--startclickprintinclude--><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I'm loud, pushy, difficult -- and need a nanny

NEW YORK (AP) -- It was an unusually honest ad for a live-in nanny, a 1,000-word tome beginning, "My kids are a pain." But it worked, attracting a brave soul who's never been a nann.

"If you cannot multitask, or communicate without being passive aggressive, don't even bother replying," Rebecca Land Soodak, a mother of four on Manhattan's Upper East Side, wrote August 19 in her advertisement on Craigslist.

"I can be a tad difficult to work for. I'm loud, pushy and while I used to think we paid well, I am no longer sure."

This being the age of instant communications, the ad took on a life of its own, making the rounds of parenting blogs and e-mail inboxes and inspiring an article in Thursday's New York Times.

Soodak, a 40-year-old painter whose husband owns a wine store, eventually hired Christina Wynn, a 25-year-old University of Virginia graduate, to take care of Rubin, 12; Ellis, 9; and Shay and Cassie, both 6.
"I made a commitment to stay in the job for at least a year," Wynn told the Times. "I met the oldest child but not the others, which my mother said was crazy -- to accept the job without meeting all the kids. So we'll see."

She noted that one of the pluses is that the children are all in school for several hours each day.

Some other excerpts from the listing: "If you are fundamentally unhappy with your life, you will be more unhappy if you take this job, so do us all a favor and get some treatment or move to the Rockies, but do not apply for employment with us."

And this: "Also, if you suspect all wealthy women are frivolous, we are not for you."

And this: "I have all sorts of theories on how to stack my dishwasher, and if you are judgmental about Ritalin for ADHD, or think such things are caused by too much sugar, again, deal-break city."

No word on whether a sequel to "The Nanny Diaries" is in the works.

Meanwhile, Soodak tells the Times, "I hope she likes it here. I sent the ad to one of my old sitters, and she said she felt it was pretty accurate, which sort of stung a little bit."

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
LMAO, Claire! A little "Desperate Housewives" in your 'hood?

A lot of overeducated, underemployed women. Great role models for the kids.

Wait--of course we're supposed to be educated. We're also supposed to do something with it besides stay home, have full-time help, and maintain a size 2.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Few things are more disgusting in this world than arrogance. :(

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I think that people need to cut the pc bullshit and tell things like they are. That being said this woman clearly doesn't understand that being honest doesn't necessarily require you to exaggerate the situation. I think she went out of her way to sound like a bitch, and create an uproar so that even forums like this one which have nothing to do with any semblance of nannying are talking about it. Oh what a world we live in where any idiot if they are willing to make an A$$ out of themselves can recieve internet immortality.

As for this gem:
A lot of overeducated, underemployed women. Great role models for the kids.

Wait--of course we're supposed to be educated. We're also supposed to do something with it besides stay home, have full-time help, and maintain a size 2.

I think that it is important to have a parent at home for the kids - I said parent specifically because I don't think that it matters if it is the mom or the dad, but the kids need to understand that the parents do have authority. Unfortunately with the cost of living now a days it is basically impossible to have this situation any more. I think that it is great to see highly educated women, but I have seen way too many women in college getting their Mrs. degree rather than a degree which they could use to support themselves. It sounds to me like this woman needs to have a reality check and a nice big slap to the face to let her know that the world doesn't revolve around her, and no one gives a damn about her being rich. The fact that she would talk about rich women being conceited only goes to prove that she is in fact the example which proves the rule as apposed to the exception. Best of luck to the nanny, but that family probably needs someone to slap them back into reality more than a nanny.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oh I agree flogger. I appreciate some well thought out candour...but its a shame it has a tint of high self-worth.

OP
Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
What bothered me is that she had 3 kids, doesn't need to work, (apparently) doesn't work (painter? - unless she means houses, I guarantee that ain't no job), and wants nothing to do with raising her kids. She's got them on Ritalin to deal with them pharmaceutically and she's got a nanny to deal with them physically. She knows she's loud and pushy (i.e., an arrogant bitch) but doesn't care, and she's got the 'NY is the only worthwhile place to live' attitude ("get therapy or move to the Rockies").

OP
Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
CfC, I think you just agreed to a 3-some (or 4-some if you count the meatloaf.)

🔥 Latest posts